Chapter XX

"Care to share what the hell happened."

Folding my arms in front of my chest, I raised one of my eyebrows while looking accusingly at both the idiots I call brothers.

"I am too disgusted and angry to say anything right now. You won't believe what this fuckface di-"

Alessio grumbled while Luca scoffed at his choice of words but didn't say anything.

"Language."

"Oh for fucks sake! spare me this time Dom. I am literally this close to beating the shit out of him." Alessio scowled, pinching his thumb and forefinger together and leaving a little space in between.

Furrowing my brows together, I looked between both Alessio and Luca.

Its true that Alessio is a hothead but he never showed it towards any of us. The most surprising thing is the fact that these two used to be pretty close. That is the main reason I am finding this situation a little strange. And I am a lot more curious to find out what has he actually done to made Alessio react this way.

"Just tell me what went down before." I scratched the lining of my brows, frustrated that I still don't know what happened.

"Fine. So I'll start from the beginning. It was unexpected of me to even show up when the shit went down because I was not supposed to be home for two hours or so but I injured my leg pretty bad-"

"Get to the point."

"Rude. So imagine my shock Dom that I return home to see this dickhead-" Alessio pointed his finger aggressively towards Luca who was looking at the wall in front of him, a faraway look on his face.

"-was holding Letty by her jaw which looked quite painful from my view."

As soon as he finished talking, I snapped my shocked gaze at Luca with my mouth slightly open. I stood up with such a force that the chair behind me fell down from impact.

"You dare lay your hands on her!" I seethed out, fisting Luca's collar in my hands and bringing him closer from across the table.

Luca jerked forward and almost stumbled but I didn't care. Red was the only color I was seeing.

He hurt her..

The only innocent one in our family.

I actually swore on the day when we found out that Robert have a daughter who is soon going to be our little sister. He told us so many stories of her childhood that I felt connected to her even though we haven't even met. I think we all did. And when we saw her for the first time, that little girl was even more innocent and full of life then we thought. So I swore that I'll protect her innocent soul no matter what.

To think my own brother did something like this. tch.

My inner thoughts were making it more hard for me since they just wanted me to leave everything and go to Scarlett to hug her till she can't breathe. But this would just scare her more.

Luca gulped before opening his mouth but no words came out.

"Uhh-" I looked to my right to see Alessio nearing towards door. He visibly flinched when my angry gaze met his.

"I uh should probably go. Don't want to disturb you guys hehe." He nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Get out." I gritted out.

Alessio left like his life depended on it.

Slowly bringing my glare back to my other brother, I analysed his expression which was harder thing for me to do so since victor is the one who is a master at reading people's expression. He is a manipulating bitch, I'll give him that.

Cesco on the other hand is completely different from both of us. He acts rationally and I have barely seen him lose his calm. To be honest, I don't think he has ever showed his angry side to any of us which makes him a little terrifying to think how would he react when he actually gets angry.

Alviaz is a whole different story on his own. No one would believe me if I said that he was the most talkative brother amongst us but things have changed from that incident.

Coming back to the current situation, Luca was trying to come off as cool and collected but from what I gathered after gauzing his reaction is that he is a second away from pissing in his own pants.

I smirked at his pitiful state but not finding in myself to pity him.

"Tell me boy, why did you do that?" I asked him in a deadly calm tone.

He clenched his eyes shut before opening them again. I crumpled my forehead to see a blank look in his eyes which was a complete opposite of his distorted expression a second ago.

Cosa ti succede luca?. {What is going on with you Luca?) I thought.

"I just made her realise her place." He smirked at me with eyes as cold as ice.

"What are you talking about?" I loosened my grip on his collar a little.

He scoffed before removing his shirt from my hold.

"You know damm well what I am talking about. Its about time we have a talk about that girl, don't you think?" He roamed leisurely around my office and stood facing the window, his hands in his pocket.

"That girl have a name and don't act like you didn't just manhandle her." I glowered, clenching my hands tightly,

I swear if he keeps this attitude up, he is definitely getting a few broken bones today.

He laughed bitterly at this.

"Why the hell are you getting so riled up over her Dom? She is just a mere stranger so don't get too attached to her. Its just a matter of time before she realises how fucked up we all are. What do you think she'll do once she gets to know what we actually do. hmm?" Luca walked towards me in a taunting way with a vicious smirk on his face.

"Don't say it." I said in a stern but fearful voice.

"She will leave us." He said in a low voice while clenching his jaw.

"We are criminals brother, criminals. It may not be a huge thing for us but it is for her. She would definitely want to get the hell away from us and that is why Dom I am trying so hard."

I made a confused face at him.

"Trying for what?' I questioned to which he just shook his head with a vulnerable look in his eyes.

"To not like her."

My whole body froze at this statement. I thought that I could set him straight for his behaviour towards Scarlett but now that I know the actual reason, I don't feel angry at him because somehow I could relate so this feeling.

Feeling of fear of what would happen once Scarlett knows the truth.

She wouldn't leave, right?

************************