Chapter XXXIV

As Wyatt was going to speak, the doors burst open making Maria barge inside. She had her poker face on which made her look unapproachable.

"Mom..?" Cesco said, a little stunned seeing her here as she refused to take part in any of these activities after what happened years ago.

Dom on the other hand looked proud that his mother finally returned to her original self. She was a sniper, a damm good one at that. Unfortunately, Her self confidence fell into a ditch when that dickhead of a father cheated on her.

Maria went straight to Victor's desk who pulled back his own chair for her to sit on, while he himself sat on one of the couches.

"There's something you need to know." She said as she settled herself down.

Maria raised her eyebrows at Wyatt who shuddered from her icy narrowed gaze.

Now I know where they get it from. He thought.

Victor looked at Dom who nodded his head in return.

"Hey!" Wyatt struggled while Dom literally dragged him like a rag doll. He however gave a mock salute before closing the door behind him.

Maria sighed, her poker face crumbling as she covered her face with both of her hands.

"Mom! What's wrong?" Cesco bent down in front of her chair and looked at her worriedly.

Maria peeked through her fingers, smiling sadly at her son who even though grew into a gentleman, will always act like a baby in front of her.

"Its just-" She bit her lips, blinking her eyes nervously.

Victor stared at her steadily. He knew there's something wrong that got her mother back into this side of the mansion. She even got into her fighter attitude from when she used to work alongside their father as the only mafia women of this family.

It was his mother who taught victor how to shoot. His father was a huge egoistical jerk because he couldn't admit she is way better than him in running this business. So he had her bear a bunch of kids because naturally he wanted her to be busy being a mother while he lusted away on every women out there and destroy the business that was literally handed over to him on silver plate.

Unfortunately, His Nonno got to him first before he could. (Grandfather)

"Robert-"

(Author's note- For those who don't know his full name, Robert is Scarlett's dad)

Cesco suddenly glowered after hearing his name.

"Is he giving you a hard time? Just say the word I'll-"

"No, its nothing like that. Its just he has been acting very strangely these past months. He is not like the person I fell in love with." Maria whispered, suddenly feeling unsure of opening about something like this to her sons. Obviously they have more important things to do.

"Forget it. This is a bad idea. I should go-"

"Explain please." Victor gestured with his hands to go on. A serious look on his face.

Maria took a deep sigh before nodding her head.

"It might seem absurd but I feel like- like he is a completely different person. After we got married, he completely changed like he didn't love me in the first place-" 

"What did he do to make you feel that way?" Victor hated himself right now because its his mother they are talking about and he couldn't help his business side from taking over.

Maria laughed bitterly. He had done more than enough and she has suffered more than anyone else could imagine. So she's not going to suffer in silence anymore! Enough being victim, now is exactly the time to bring out her inner bitch.