Chapter XXI

^Triplets reaction throughout the drama

Enjoy the chapter!

^_^

---//---

-Scarlett's POV-

Gazing softly at the girl in front of me, I raised my hand slowly and winced lightly when my hand touched the hurting part of my jaw. It wasn't visible but I could still feel his steel grip on lower area of my face.

A sigh left my mouth when thoughts about that incident from a moments ago started invading my mind.

The pain from my jaw is nothing in front of the painful words he said to me. But my mind is just not ready to accept those hateful words. Their love for me felt so...genuine. The way they interacted with me, those smiles on their faces that always reached their eyes, it all felt so endearing. Like I am truly a part of this family.

Maybe Luca lied?

But why would he do that? does he hate me that much?

A knock brought me out of my reverie.

A smile bloomed on my face when Alessio came barreling towards me and hugged me tightly with an 'oomph' sound escaping me.

Al whispered something in Italian while I smiled in his embrace.

This doesn't feel like an act.

I tapped Alessio on his back to let him know that I am a minute away from losing my breathing supply. He released me from his tight clasp but kept his right arm around my shoulders.

"Are you hurting somewhere? Is your jaw okay?" He asked while moving my face in every direction with his large hands, squishing my whole face like a soft toy.

"Stop it Al! I am fine." I removed his hands from my face a little aggressively since my jaw was still hurting a bit. But I don't want him to know that otherwise he'll get all fussy like always.

You may find it strange but I think he is that one brother who is closest to me. I like all of my brothers equally but Al understands me the most.

"You kn-" Alessio stopped midsentence making me raise my head at him.

"What?"

"Forget it."

"Hey you have to tell me now or else I won't stop thinking about it." I stood up to face him with my hands on my hips. Alessio smirked at my behaviour before ruffling my hair making me scowl at him.

Is it weird that he can easily reach my hair when I am standing while he is sitting?

God! he really is a giant. They all are!

"I was just saying that Luca was not at all like this before. I don't know what changed but he is acting like a different person. Its like I don't know him at all."

His voice lowered while coming to the last part, a frown appearing on his face.

"Hey.." I sat down and gazed softly at him.

"Were you two.. close?" I asked him hesitantly.

Alessio nodded his head slowly.

"Very. Apart from my womb sharers, I had a close bond with Luca. We used to do all things together and you won't believe-" he barked a laugh before continuing.

"-Lio used to be so jealous of him and Milo always said that it feels like we are quadruplets."

My eyes widened at this information. But soon a crestfallen expression framed my features.