Chapter XXVIII

"Letty, please talk to me at least." Dad pleaded while holding my hands in his.

Snatching my hand away, I moved my head to other side. But regretted it when I saw through my window, all of my brothers standing outside the mansion.

It has been two days since I got discharged but now I wish to stay anywhere except this place.

Hell I am willing to sleep on a fucking bench if I get to stay away from them.

They can't enter my room as I have given them a kind of warning that if they do so, I will return back to Florida and won't talk to them ever.

It was more than enough to have them running with fire on their tails.

But they didn't need to leave the entire mansion though...

*Sigh* They always overdo everything.

"Scarlett, you have to understand pumpkin. I did it for your sake."

I snorted at his statement.

My sake?

Oh please Dad

Who are you trying to fool here?

I wanted to speak these words to him but I can't talk to him. Not yet.

He will think I have forgiven him or something and this time, he is not to be forgiven for he have broken my trust. No, he have broken Mom's trust and for that I cannot forgive him.

You guys must be wondering what the hell happened for me to behave this way?

If you really want to know...

I would have to take you guys for a little flashback.

______________________

"Guys please stop fighting!"

I sighed out for a million time today but nobody heard my voice. Everyone was busy in their own world. Having Carl as my bodyguard have triggered some kind of caveman complex inside my brothers and they won't stop arguing with my Dad over this.

Only Victor, Cesco and Luca are the ones missing.

I wonder how they will react to this. Maybe Dad has already talked to Vicky but Luca?

No, I don't think he'll give a shit about it. He have been on my neck from day one. Why would he care about something like this.

But in some twisted kind of way, I feel a little moved that my brothers are so protective over me. They are hell bent on making my Dad change his mind, but dad looks so confident like he has finally gotten 'the Espesito brothers' to act like this.

"Listen to me kids-"

"Who are you calling a kid, old man?"

Dad rolled his eyes at Alessio's immature behaviour.

"You just proved me right."

Alessio probably didn't get what Dad is talking about as he gave a confused look while Milo and Aurelio patted either side of his back in a comforting manner while giving him a pitiful look.

"As I was saying, I have already discussed this with Victor. Carl is more than enough to protect my daughter. If you have any problems with this, talk it out with him."

"More than enough you say?"

Dom Tipped his chin up a little, giving a sarcastic look while looking at Carl. My friend, however didn't seem fazed by any of it. He actually looked a little.. bored?