When you're the mafia boss's bodyguard | Sunghoon

"Your face is so fucking pale so when you pair it with black it makes you look like you've gone to a better place." Heeseung's comment makes me roll my eyes while I zip up my jacket.

"You might find yourself in a less-than-better place if you keep on doing this."

"I'm just worried about your fashion sense, Y/N. How do you only have black clothes?"

"How do you only lose against me?" I raise an eyebrow and tie my hair up. "Might as well spend your time training instead of worrying about my fashion sense."

"Touché." He laughs. "But it's not my fault, you're a literal weapon."

I freeze. I'm aware Heeseung meant it in a good way, but it strikes a nerve. I'm a human, not a weapon, but if he really thinks that then I suppose I should embrace it?

"I'll take it as a compliment." This is the last thing I say before I walk out of the changing room. I don't have time for chit-chatting right now.

The night air is crisp as I step out onto the dimly lit street. The city is alive with the hustle and bustle of its nocturnal inhabitants, their shadows dancing against the concrete walls. It's a world of secrets, where power is traded in whispered conversations and alliances are forged with a nod or a glance.

And I, Y/N, am right in the heart of it all.

I adjust my jacket, its black fabric blending seamlessly with the darkness surrounding me. The color has become my signature, a symbol of my allegiance to a life far removed from the ordinary.

It's not just a fashion statement. Heeseung must know better.

Park Sunghoon, my boss, is here to make a dangerous deal with one of the most disgusting men in this city, and I'm following his every step, doing my job right as his bodyguard. One must find it funny, but no one had managed to win against me in any fight.

Perhaps, I'm just a weapon after all. My boss, the man I protect with my life, must understand this better than anyone after taking me in and helping me become what I am now.

My thoughts are interrupted when he stops at the entrance of a dimly lit warehouse. "We're here."

"Will it be okay?" I feel compelled to ask. It's not just anyone we're meeting, Baek Jihun is known to be a big traitor.

"I have you here." He smiles and cups my cheek, taking me off guard. "Of course, everything will be okay."

I feel a faint warmth spread across my cheek at the unexpected touch and my heart starts beating faster than it should.

"Yes, Sir." I nod while he smiles before I step inside the place. This isn't the first time this has happened. I had the same reaction when we trained together and he ended up hovering over me and pinning my hands to the ground.

I've been shaped into a formidable weapon, a guardian for those who possess power in this world of shadows. Love, affection, they seem distant and unattainable, reserved for those who lead ordinary lives.

I don't deserve such things; I am just a weapon.

Yet, whenever Park Sunghoon's gaze lingers, whenever his touch brushes against my skin, a sliver of longing seeps through the armor I've built around my heart. It's not something I want to feel, because, after all, I will never afford the luxury of it all.

He's following after me, our steps synced while I scan the area for potential threats. The sound of his footsteps, and the scent of his cologne, all stir something deep within me that I cannot name.

Our men follow after us from left and right and we almost become an army of black-suited men, with me guiding them inside.

The room is dimly lit, the air heavy with tension. Baek Jihun sits at the head of the long table, his eyes narrowing as we approach. The scars on his face are a stark reminder of the path he chose, and the betrayal he committed. But I won't falter; I'm trained to remain composed even in the face of danger.