When you avoid their hugs/ ignore them | Hyung Line

Heeseung 

Your boyfriend had been finding joy in pranking you so much the past few days and you've been thinking of getting back at him in some way. So when an idea of the perfect prank popped into your head, you couldn't resist the temptation.

Heeseung had been out with the members for practice and you knew that in a few minutes, he'd be home. You turn on the TV, making sure you look like you're too focused on it and when you hear the front door unlock and open, you can hardly hide your excitement.

"Babe?" You can see him make his way to you but you stay still, making him frown. "Hi."

You give a quick nod but don't take your eyes off the screen which only makes him more confused. You usually throw your arms around him whenever he comes home.

But when he's about to hug you, you avoid his embrace and lean away, still keeping up the act. Heeseung's frown deepens, and he looks genuinely concerned now. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean? I'm watching TV." You keep your focus on the TV, pretending to be completely engrossed in the show, though your heart is racing.

"Oh yeah?" He raises his eyebrow, taking off his jacket while you swallow a lump that formed in your throat. Then he sits down next to you and pulls you on top of him, making you let out a gasp.

Heeseung wraps his arms around your waist, securing you in his embrace, and begins to pepper your neck with soft kisses. "What are you-"

"I figured you're trying to prank me back," Heeseung interrupts with a mischievous glint in his eyes, his lips still lingering near your ear. "So, I thought I'd join in on the fun."

Sunghoon

Being in a relationship with an idol who literally lives in the spotlight means you'll see him hug his fans and be all lovey-dovey with them. But this morning, after a video of your own boyfriend hugging a girl went viral, you can't help but be salty about it. So when Sunghoon comes back home late in the afternoon, you decide to give him the silent treatment and avoid any physical contact.

You're sitting on the couch, engrossed in a book, pretending to be oblivious to his presence as he enters the room. "Hey, pretty." You watch from the corner of your eye as he approaches you and leans in, trying to catch your gaze. The nickname he has for you always used to melt your heart, but today, it only adds to your frustration. You keep your eyes firmly fixed on the book, refusing to acknowledge him. It's clear you're not ready to let this go just yet.

"Babe, is everything okay? Are you tired?" The way he softens his tone, trying to be understanding, makes you swallow a lump that forms inside your throat.

"I'm not tired." You put down the book and head inside your room before you start getting ready for bed. Sunghoon follows you and tries hugging you from behind when you avoid it and you can tell that his heart dropped when you pull away.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. Are you upset? Did I do something wrong?" When you don't answer, he just looks at you from the window while you wash your face. "Baby, talk to me please. Okay? I didn't know what I did wrong. Please talk to me?"

You keep up your silent treatment but when he holds your waist and kisses your shoulder, it feels like a tiny crack forms in the wall of your frustration. You still don't turn to face him, but his touch and the warmth of his breath against your skin make it increasingly difficult to stay angry.

"Sunghoon..." When you turn around and face him, he wraps his arms around you and buries his face in the crook of your neck. "Now I'm so mad at myself for being mad at you."

"Just let me make it right, okay? I hate it when you're upset with me." Sunghoon's voice is muffled against your skin, and you nod, slowly melting into his embrace. Maybe it's the way he holds you, his strong arms around your waist, and the way he nuzzles your neck.

Or just the simple fact that you love him deeply.

Jay

As you sit at work, you're still salty about the fact that your boyfriend forgot to hug you before he left his work that morning. It's a small thing, you know, but it still makes you upset.

So when you come back home and find him sleeping in the bed, all the frustrations from the morning come rushing back. You walk straight inside, dropping your bag on the bed with more force than necessary.

After getting out of the shower, you find him standing up next to the bed. He looks like he's been waiting for you to come out of the bathroom

"Hi, sunshine." He smiles a little, reaching to gently brush a strand of hair behind your ear, but you pull away, still frustrated.

"Hi." You reply tersely, not making eye contact as you rummage through your dresser for some comfortable clothes to change into.

"No hug? No kisses?" The way he arches an eyebrow and pouts his lip but it only makes you more upset because that's the same way you felt this morning when he decided it was better to go to work without showing you any affection.

You decide to keep giving him the cold shoulder and get on bed before wrapping yourself with your blanket.

"Sunshine, what's wrong?" He sits next to you but you still don't meet his gaze, keeping your eyes fixed on the wall across from you. "I don't know why you're mad at me but I don't wanna go to bed before we solve this, okay? You can't be mad at me. You're my girlfriend, just talk to me, please."

No response. You close your eyes, trying to block out his pleas but he sounds pained and it breaks your heart. "Please, Y/N, just say something. Look at me. Anything, Y/N. I missed you all day and when you act like this, it hurts a lot, okay? I'm so tired and all I want is to hug you and hear your voice."

"You left without even hugging me," You finally whisper and his eyes soften.

"Sunshine," Then before you realize it, he wraps his arms around you, pulling you close to him. His warmth and the familiar scent of his cologne instantly soothe you. "I'm sorry I was in a rush. But I'm never in a rush to leave without hugging and kissing you. You're my sunshine, okay?"

Jake

"Is going out with Layla better than with me?" You mutter to yourself while sinking on the couch, waiting for your boyfriend to come back along with his dog who appears to be more popular with everyone than you.

The soft jingling of keys at the front door signals your boyfriend's return. You hear his familiar footsteps, followed by the excited clicking of Layla's nails on the hardwood floor.

She makes her way to you and you roll your eyes when she nuzzles her way onto the couch, her warm, furry body pressing against your side.

"Hi, baby," Jake opens his arms wide so you can embrace him. But all you do is avoid his gaze and mumble a half-hearted "Hi" in return.

"Did you miss me?" He tilts his head, grabbing your sleeve so you give him your attention. "Baby? Did you miss me?"

You shift on the couch, stroking Layla's fur while he waits for your response. Part of you wants to express your feelings, but another part is worried about sounding too needy or jealous so you decide to just not say anything.

But Jake? He won't stop begging for your attention. "Baby, talk to me. Okay? Please talk to me, I hate this silence. You're my girlfriend, let me hug you and kiss you and make things right. Baby, I'm here. Don't ignore me like this, okay? At least say something or let me hold you."

When you turn to him and find him looking at you so softly, you can't help but give in. It's hard to stay angry when he looks at you like that, with those puppy-dog eyes you fell for in the first place.

You let him wrap his arms around you and for a moment, he just holds you close, gently rubbing your back. "I just felt a bit overshadowed by Layla today, and it made me feel... well, silly, but it's how I felt."

"Oh... I thought it might be something like that. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I love Layla but she's just a dog. A really wonderful dog, but still, there's no comparison between my feelings for her and my feelings for you. I love you a lot, Y/N and I'll take you out on a date soon, just you and me. Does that make you happy, baby?"