When you're drunk and your boss runs to find you | Jay

"The girls are going drinking tonight, would you be up for that?" Areum's words from the other line of the call make you sigh. You're more than up for that because you need as much alcohol in your body as possible to get you away from the stress your boss has been giving you.

"Yeah. I'm still at work, an hour or so and I'll be free." You mutter, still tapping the code that refused to work a few hours ago.

"Great. See you at the usual bar." Areum replies, her voice filled with excitement.

You hang up the phone and let out a long, exasperated sigh. The day has been relentless, with your boss breathing down your neck, piling on unreasonable deadlines, and expecting miracles. The stress has been building up, and you know that a night out with your friends is exactly what you need to unwind.

Closing your laptop, you gather your belongings and head towards the office exit. As you step outside, the cool evening breeze hits your face, momentarily easing the tension in your shoulders.

Until his voice catches you off guard. "Miss Y/N? Are you done with work?"

You talk shit about him as much as you can, but the moment his voice penetrates your ears and reaches the deepest pit of your stomach, you feel yourself blushing.

No one can deny how good-looking he is, and even though he's annoying most of the time, those times when he really cares or notices little things about you make your heart flutter. Just like when he noticed you've cut your hair when no one else did.

"Yes, Mr. Park. I've just finished." You say and he eyes you for a moment before looking away.

"Good. Are you out for dinner?" His question takes you off guard but you try to keep your composure, nodding slightly. "Ah, I see. You're going on a date."

"It's not a-" Before you can finish your sentence and explain that you're just going out with your friends, he looks away.

"Anyways, don't stay out too late. I'll need you early tomorrow morning." He says cruelty, turning around to leave.

You stand there, dumbfounded, your heart beating at an irregular rate. What the hell just happened? You're confused, nevertheless, you make it to the bar.

Arriving at the familiar bar, you push open the heavy wooden door, stepping into the dimly lit interior. The sound of laughter and clinking glasses fills the air, creating a comforting atmosphere that immediately puts you at ease.

Your friends come into view and you smile as you make your way towards the group. Areum, with her contagious smile, waves you over. She's already nursing a colorful cocktail, her excitement evident in her eyes.

"Hi, girls." As you join the circle, the conversations are filled with laughter and anecdotes, quickly erasing the day's troubles from your mind.

You order a strong drink, wanting the alcohol to wash away the stress that has been accumulating within you. With each sip, you can feel the weight lifting off your shoulders, the tension dissolving with the intoxicating elixir.

"Take it easy, Y/N." Areum chuckles while patting your back.

"How can I take it easy when my boss seems to really want to test my limits?" The alcohol in your system gives you a temporary boldness, one that you will regret later.

"I heard he's handsome." Ara smirks, raising an eyebrow. You can't deny that, as much as you may dislike your boss, he does possess a certain charm that hasn't escaped your notice.

Despite your frustrations, you find yourself reluctantly admitting, "Well, I can't deny that he's not bad-looking. But that doesn't make up for his management style."