13

The Next Morning
Omniscient

Syd groaned as she leaned over in bed and spit into the trash can on side it for nearly the umpteenth time that morning. She was severely hungover with a headache, extremely fatigued and weak.

Honey made her way into the room, fresh from cleaning up around the house and entertaining the boys. "Sydney.." She started while making her way toward the bed, she slightly pulled the cover back to see the woman laying in discomfort with a scrunched up face.

"Are you hungry?" Honey asked her while grabbing her hand that was burning up. Syd shook her head and pulled her by her hand. Honey slightly yelped as she was pulled into bed, and then Syd rolled over on top of her and rested her head on Honey's chest.

Honey sighed lightly and caressed the woman's back, as Syd laid on top of her burning up. "You have a fever.."

Syd hummed in response and continued to lay in Honey's comforting embrace. The sound of the boys getting louder in the front made Honey shift, Syd rolled over and watched as she climbed out of bed.

Honey cooed at her expression before brushing her locs out of her face. "Go freshen up, I'll make you breakfast." She told the woman, Syd groaned.

"Ion feel like getting up." She pouted which resulted into Honey cooing. "Try."

"I did earlier, I got dizzy and shit." Syd told her, she hummed before sighing. "So do you wanna wait to eat or what?"

"Come cuddle me."

"No, I don't wanna get sick."

"It ain't nothing but pregnancy symptoms." Syd frowned at her deny. "That I don't have, and don't want either." Honey reminded her while shifting her weight to one side. "Get yo' ass in this bed."

"No."

"I'm not playing with you.." The sound of Syd's voice faded as Honey went into the bathroom and searched underneath the cabinets for the small health bag they had.

She found it shortly and made her way out of the room back to where Syd was. She took out the bottle of ibuprofen and sat it in front of Syd before making her way out of the room.

She peeked over the island in the kitchen to see the boys still playing with the toys, occasionally smashing their trucks into each other's. She grabbed Syd a water from the fridge and made her way back to their room.

She sat the water down on the nightstand and went back into the bathroom, she grabbed a clean towel from the rack and wet it a little before taking it back to Syd. She watched as the woman took 2 ibuprofen and slipped off her shirt, Honey went and turned on the fan in the corner of their room.

She faced it toward Syd and turned it on 2 going over to make sure Syd was comfortable. She flipped and fluffed her pillows and placed the towel on her head.

"Get some rest, I'll come back to check on you in a little." She told the woman who glared up at her. "What's wrong?"

"You won't lay with me."

"You'll be fine, I love you. Now close your eyes and get some rest." And with that, Honey left the room and pulled the door up slightly.