38

4 Months Later
December 25th
Omniscient

For nearly 5 months... Sydney had been away from her family. Nearly an entire day away by car, and 3-4 hrs by plane. She checked herself into a mental institution in Colorado after doing research about the facility online.

The night she left, she told the boys that she was going away for work and that she would be back sooner than they thought. For the first few weeks, Carter cried for her nearly every night along with Honey.

They called Syd as much as they could, wrote letters, and even visited her a few times. But once Carter got used to not seeing her, he didn't cry as much as he did every night.

He only asked Honey to read him one of Syd's letters, curled up in her spot in bed and went to sleep, dreaming of being united with her.

Matt would come over occasionally, and Honey and Ken had gotten along a little.. developing a little bond since their boys were brothers and they all had to be Syd's little support team since she really didn't have any family.

Honey hadn't heard from Malia since the day Syd and her mother got into an argument, the woman surely didn't attempt to reach out to see the kids either. Honey saw her once at Christina, Dejon's baby mother's house while dropping off Landon.

She spoke and asked about the kids as if she were interested but said nothing about Syd, and that disgusted Honey. Syd had opened up to her via letter, telling her a few stories about how she was treated growing up, and how her mom made her feel her entire life.

It only made Honey cry, and she hid those letters from the kids. Not letting them see those. She bought a Polaroid to take photos of the kids and send them to her, Charli had gotten bigger and she missed Syd just as much as anyone.

Though Carter and Honey didn't cry as much, she surely did. And even learned a little gibberish as well. She would cry for a long time and yell "da da da da da da." Honey finding it cute and heartbreaking.

She hated the fact that they had to be so separated, but knew that they were becoming closer than ever. They wrote each other every day, updating each other about every little thing in life.

Honey started doing online school, Damien moved back home to help her take care of the kids while she would occasionally go to class sometimes and have meetings with people who had the same goal as her.

She'd always tell everyone that she just wanted to understand humanity, but in reality she wanted to fix Sydney. She wanted to be able to heal the woman of every little crack and bruise that her fragile soul possessed, and then nurture her back to sanity so they could live happily ever after.

Of course it sounded like a fairytale but Honey was doing everything in her power to make sure that dream came true.

Her friends were there in support as well, watching the kids whenever Honey had classes or had to work, they were all aware of Honey and Syd's situation and they were all mindful of it so helping out wasn't a problem.

Sydney would call Nico and have him put money on bills for her, buy certain things for the kids, put groceries in the house, and do things that Syd would do if she was home.