33

June 4th
Syd

I turned over in bed and grunted lightly, cracking my eyes open to see Honey standing in the mirror with a robe on. I shifted slightly while feeling a small figure against my back, so I turned back over to see Charli asleep.

I pulled her onto my chest and pulled the cover over us, Honey turning around at all of the movement. "Your mom called you.." She informed me, I rubbed my eyes before squeezing them tight which made her chuckle.

"I'll call her when I get up." And with that I turned over with Charli in my arms and rested my head just above hers.

-

Waking up was the complete opposite, I woke up to the sound of Charli being taken out of my arms which resulted into her crying.

I cracked my eyes open, the frown already visible as I fixed my face to complain. "Save it." Malia walked away, I smacked my lips in irritation while throwing the covers back.

I made my way to the bathroom, stepping inside to see Honey standing in the mirror. I slid past her and kneeled with a grunt, reaching into my sweats.

"Where you going?" I asked Honey while I began to pee, watching the stream stain the side of the toilet. "Nowhere, why?"

"Because you in here with all that shit out like you finna get fine & shit." I stated while shifting on my knees, relieving the aching pain in them.

"Well I'm not going anywhere. It's your day off." She referred to our lil shift, meaning she'd stay home with the kids while I went out.

"Mhm." I hummed while finishing up, I cleaned myself up before taking a stand. "My turn, watch out.."

-

I stood with a clenched jaw leaned against the hood of my car as Neek stood in his driveway, a blac hanging from his lips as we stood in silence.

I dropped my eyes from him before licking my lips, standing up straight I took a step forward. He watched me while sliding a lighter from his pocket, then he lit the black and took a puff before he blew the smoke in the opposite direction.

His facial hair had grown, a goatee was now making itself visible on his light skin. A little stubble along his jawline was becoming visible as well, his eyes were low and bagged as if he were tired.

He ain't look stressed though, he just looked like he ain't get much sleep. He even put on a few pounds, versus my skinny ass. I ain't been eating though, that's the only reason.

And then he broke the silence, clearing his throat. "I heard about what happened, wish I could've been there witcha but you know how life goes." He mumbled while glancing around his peaceful neighborhood, I sighed to myself and licked my lips.

"Tella' truth, Ian wanna kiss yo' ass. That shit kinda fucked me up though, cause I thought we was bigger than that. Way bigger. And I know I said some shit I should've kept to myself, but at the same time you my dawg so ima look out fa' you like I would do myself..." He started to explain.