24

Omniscient
March 23rd

Honey sat on the back patio with Carter and Charlotte, eating a bowl of fruit and reading a book on Philosophy. Carter sat in between her legs, and Charlotte sat between his, enjoying his rubs and cuddles.

It had been a long day for them, Honey finally being able to get out of the house more, she went on walks with Charlotte and Carter whenever she didn't feel like driving.

Her mother went with them sometimes, but often just stayed home in bed since she hadn't been feeling good. The man who's name was Mitchell, who was apparently a mentee of her mother.

She was a retired college professor and she used to teach at a school back in Kenya. Over the months, Honey got into her books about psychology and philosophy and actually became interested in it.

She went out and got more books, bought journals and started to write and document her own thoughts and ideas on both topics.

It was definitely something she could see herself getting into more, but that was gonna be saved for later when the baby dropped.

The thought of the girl made her glance down at her bump that Carter was leaning against ever so gently. "Carter, tell your sister to come on."

"Come on Charli.." His little voice rasped softly, Honey smiling at the sound. The way he said her name just totally won Honey over, and she didn't wanna go with any other name. So Charli Alisse it was.

"You think she's gonna be mad when I tell her, her big brother named her?" She asked Carter and he shook his head unknowingly. "Mommy, when we see papa again?"

"Soon, baby." She tells him while caressing his head, feeling Charli begin to kick. "Tomorrow?"

"Whenever your granny calls and tells us that papa is better." She told him, he glanced back. "Papa is sick?"

"Yeah, she's just not feeling well. And she doesn't want us to get sick either." She told him while shaking her head at the fact that she had to lie to Carter.

This is fucked up.

"I wanna talk to papa." He told Honey while standing up, Charlotte slipping from his lap. "Papa won't pick up the phone." Honey honestly told him, Syd had texted the woman a paragraph just a few nights ago about how fed up she was with their situation, and she explained to honey that she no longer wanted to talk if it wasn't gonna be in person.

She misspelled a couple of words and left a few statements unfinished which led Honey to believe that she was under the influence which was unusual of Syd.

She already didn't like the smoking habit the woman had picked up, and now whatever she was on didn't make it any better.

"Don't worry baby, we'll see Papa soon."

-

Syd sat in her seat in a nightclub, her head hung, vision blurred and words slurred. She stared down at her leg as her brain felt like static, she was stuck mentally and physically.