We walked into the dining room and it was just as posh as the front. It had tall ceilings with another ornate chandelier. Dark wood furniture on top of a cream colored rug and dark wood floors. I saw a woman, who looked very much like Shane, with her dark hair and olive skin. Her eyes were a forest green though instead of his goldish hazel. She was older, so I presumed she was his mother.

She was seated, but stood as we entered the room. She was slightly taller than me in her red stilettos. I always wondered how girls could wear them, especially wolves. We never knew when we would have to fight or run. She was also wearing a black cocktail dress that was just a little too short for her age. I started to question who I was meeting.

She embraced me immediately, "Oh I am so pleased you are here! I'm Florence, Shane's mom." I gently patted her back. Hugging wasn't exactly my strong suit.

I pulled back and said with a smile, "Lily. And I'm happy to be here. Sorry I'm not dressed for this dinner. I wasn't aware it would be so formal."

"Nonsense you look ..." She looked at my outfit while still holding my arms. I was still dressed in my hoodie and leggings. I saw her face grimace, although it quickly disappeared as she looked back at my face, "You are so pretty." I smiled at her compliment even if she also insulted my clothes in the process. "Plus that just means we can go shopping together!" She seemed very giddy at this thought.

It sounded dreadful to me but I said, "That sounds great."

I introduced her to Will and Ava, then we all sat for dinner. Not even a minute passed before the doors opened and waiters walked in. And I'm talking like the kind you see in movies. Those servants that dress in those black and white outfits that they portray the rich and lavish having. I took a look at my friends and their faces looked how I felt, shocked and confused. They placed our dinner in front of us and left. I didn't know what to say so I began to cut into my steak.

Suddenly, a beautiful red haired girl walked in. She seemed to be about 20 with beautiful blue eyes. She kept glancing at Shane as if he were the only person in the room. When he looked at her I swear his face softened, but only for a second. Then he said, "Can we help you?" It sounded rude and I immediately furrowed my brow.

"I am so sorry Alpha. We forgot the salt and pepper, so I brought it in for you."

He made a motion with his hand for her to set it on the table. The girl did so and quickly scurried away. Much of dinner was eaten in silence with a question or two being asked and then followed by more silence. Then, they served dessert. It was homemade cheesecake and it was possibly the most delectable thing I had ever eaten, creamy and sweet with a graham cracker crust. I was practically licking my plate clean when I noticed Shane smiling at me from the corner of my eye.

I turned to him and blushed. He only smiled wider.

Eager to change the subject I said, "So, Shane…"

His mom cut me off, "Alpha Shane dear."

I furrowed my brow as I turned to her, "I'm sorry?"

"He's an alpha. It is respectful to call him as such."

Shane interrupted, "She doesn't have to."

His mom looked shocked, "What? She must. Until she chooses you and you mark her."

"If she chooses him." Will said under his breath, even though he knew we all heard.

Shane's mom ignored him and said, "I am quite surprised you didn't learn that at Moon Stone. They were the largest pack for some time. Of course now we are." She seemed to sit taller as she said the last part. My face fell as she continued, "I would think they, of all packs, would teach their members to respect an alpha."