Damon

Panic surged through me as I heard the vampires bouncing off the barrier. Not long after that I heard a commotion and then Lily screamed. My heart fell from my chest as I raced ahead, leaving the rest of my pack behind. I willed my feet to move faster as they thumped hard on the dirt. I couldn't bear it if something happened to her. I don't think I could survive it.

I heard the faint sound of sucking before I saw it. Lily was holding her own to an extent, but there were hundreds of vampires. My pack wasn't even as large as this, let alone the warriors running behind me. It made me feel helpless as I watched them hold her down, sucking the life right out of her. My wolf roared to life. He ripped through me and jumped in the air. I landed on some of the vamps close by then kept going. I was so close as I watched a blonde female vampire going towards her jugular. It was as if it was in slow motion. My anxiety picked up and adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I couldn’t be the alpha who watched the female alpha die. I couldn’t watch Lily die. I leapt in the air and knocked into the vampire shoving her to the ground. I knew I didn’t have time to dwell. So I swiftly ripped her head off and moved on to the next.

I cleared a lot of them away from her before I turned to look at her. she had managed to get some of the others off, but there were always more to take their place. Then I heard heavy thuds on the ground. I turned to see my pack, being led by my beta, Johnny. I had faith again as some of the vamps turned their attention toward them. I turned back to Lily, circling around her and killing any vampire that came too close. I was surprised at how quickly her body healed itself. I guess it must be the alpha within. Whatever it was she had regained some of her composure as she jumped to her feet. She stood back to back with me and we began to fight them off together.

Lily

Damon had saved me, and I couldn't be more grateful. I thought for sure I was about to die. Not only was I still alive but I was healing at an alarmingly fast rate. It confused me, but I didn't have time to dwell on it. As happy as I was that Damon showed up I knew it wasn't enough. I feared I would have to watch him die in front of me. I wanted to grab him and never let go. But there was no time for that. Luckily his warriors were close and that diverted a lot of attention away from us. I looked toward Cady and Drew. They were fighting just as hard as us, but they were losing. There were just too many vampires. They both had looks of terror on their faces. I looked at Damon as he ripped the heads off two vampires at the same time. He caught my eye and I nodded in the direction of our friends. I ran towards them to help. I killed vampire after vampire as they got in my way.

I reached Cady and Drew's position, but a vampire jumped in front of me. She was so quick I didn't even see her coming. She grabbed me by the throat and threw me to the ground. I watched as her quick reflexes had her on top of me in less than a second. I snapped at her, but I bit air as she was knocked off of me. I saw Damon’s brown wolf as he quickly came from behind her and clamped his sharp teeth around her neck. Her head popped off and blood spurted all over my white fur. I looked at him with relief, but it was short lived. I saw a flash behind Damon and jumped to my feet. I grabbed the vampire’s leg with my teeth and pulled as hard as I could. I flung him to the back of the vampires. Damon and I fought our way closer to Cady and Drew, both of whom were exhausted already. They both had a few injuries, but nothing they couldn't power through. The four of us formed a circle, trying to stay strong against our enemies. It was getting to be too much, though.

Many of Damon's warriors lay helpless on the ground. We couldn't save them and my heart began to ache. There were hundreds of vampires and it seemed like more and more kept appearing. I wasn't too prideful to admit that I was petrified of the situation we were in.

That was, until I saw a huge brown wolf jump over the vamps and land directly in the middle of our circle. It was Shane. His wolf was just as beautiful as he was and his golden eyes were shining brighter than I had ever seen before. He was the largest one here and you could tell he meant business as he jumped in between his sister and Drew to bite the head off of a vamp charging toward them. The relief was brief, though as I looked around and realized that even with Shane's large group of warriors the vampires still had the numbers. But my confidence was returning. We had to make it work. There was no way we could go down in history as the three alphas to lose against vampires.