CHAPTER FIVE

Jensen Bekele

Jensen Bekele

Jensen and Mae weren't talking. It was getting hard being around both of them because they were each talking ill of each other. Andrew and I resolved that for now he should spend more time with Jensen and I with Mae until such a time reaches when they are ready to get over their issues.

Mr. Ngonzi hadn't come to class for weeks. He came in today to check on the progress of our projects. Tendai and I hadn't drafted anything because I had refused to talk to him.

He called out different teams before he reached Jensen and King. "Jensen and King, what ideas have you come up with?" he asked.

"Our idea is an app that does a background check on people," King said. The app will conduct a search about the person on all websites using their phone number and email and will inform you whether the person is trustworthy or not.

"Isn't that app breaking very many privacy laws?" Mr. Ngonzi asked.

"Yes, but who cares, it's all about passing," King answered.

"Jensen and King, I need you to come up with another idea which won't get you arrested," Mr. Ngonzi said.

He continued calling out teams until he reached me and Tendai. "Tendai and Adessa, what are your ideas?" he asked.

"We are still deciding on what to do," Tendai said.

Tendai was lying, he already knew what he wanted to do but he was lying because he didn't want to get me in trouble.

"I am giving you ten days to figure out what you want to do or else you will be disqualified," Mr. Ngonzi said. At this point you should have passed the idea generation stage.

Some were just as unserious as us but many had already passed the idea generation stage. Mr. Ngonzi left the class after identifying what stage everyone had reached.

I walked up to Tendai. Thank you for not reporting me to the teacher, I am grateful.

"It's okay Addie. I don't know what I did for you to stop talking to me," he said.

"I am sorry for all that I have ever done to you, please forgive me," he said.

I didn't know what to say, the hurt of the bullying was still there. "We need to start brainstorming again," I said. Have you thought of what innovative project you want to do in the food field you've chosen?

"Yes, I want to make a cake using other flour, not wheat," he said.

That's brilliant. That will provide a solution to an existing problem for those who want gluten free flour!

"Thanks Addie, that means a lot," he said. How about you, what's your idea?

Give me a few days, I promise I will figure it out.

"I want to be your friend Addie, please let me," he said.

Was my dream coming to pass with this request of his?