CHAPTER SIX

Eloise McKinley

Eloise McKinley

Thoughts of Tendai and I kissing had kept me awake for some part of the night on Thursday. I finally fell asleep at 11 pm.

My stomach still hurt but I could bear it. If Tendai hadn't come on time, I would have been in a worse state.

It was Friday, I was feeling relaxed because the weekend was looming. Mom drove us to school.

I was on cloud nine. My thoughts were about Tendai and how he was about to kiss me yesterday before mom interrupted.

"This guy has really made you happy," Soren said. You keep smiling to yourself.

"No, I am not thinking about him," I denied.

"You can lie all you want but I can see you've been hit by one of Cupid's arrows," he said

. The first thing I noticed after I arrived at school was that people were happy and excited over something. Mae, Jensen and Andrew were conversing in the corridors.

"Guys why is everyone excited?" I asked.

"There's a party tomorrow," Jensen responded. Reina Thingz will be performing her latest single "We came to party".

She is so busy, how were we able to book her?

"Apparently, she follows King on Tiktok and he invited her," Jensen said. The party was his idea. She says that she will be around this weekend so it's fine with her.

Who will pay her fees?

"King is her friend," Jensen said. She is performing at a discount because we are teenagers. Additionally, there's an entrance fee to cover the costs of the party.

Are we invited?

We have never been invited to any party in this school before.

"King is my friend now, he personally invited me and my friends," Jensen said.

Tendai passed by us in the corridor. We looked at each other for a brief second and then looked away. Grayson, who was with Tendai, looked at me angrily.

"Lets go to class guys," Mae said.

Students were cheerful today. I noticed Raven was around. Her face was still swollen but she looked better than when Tendai had beaten her. She looked at me with hatred in her eyes.

The teacher came in. She greeted us. "Raven what happened to your face?" she asked.

"I was stung by some bees, " Raven lied.

Many students giggled. "I am sorry dear, I hope the swelling goes down," the teacher said.

Raven who always seemed so strong looked like she wanted to break down in tears. I turned to look at Tendai, he didn't look in her direction even though he was a few seats away from her.