CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Cassie Graves

Cassie Graves

I met Jensen in the corridor as I was heading to class that morning. "Addie, do you feel better today?" Jensen asked me.

I feel okay.

"That's good. I am glad you're feeling better," he said. Yesterday after you left, we had a good time. We dared mom to sing her favorite song "I wanna dance with somebody" by Whitney Houston and she did. It was really nice seeing her relax and being so happy. She's usually busy with company work and in a mood.

I am happy that she had a good time. Of course I could never tell him about his mother slapping me.

"Next year, I hope you can stay longer for her birthday," he said.

"You took Addie, not me, to your mother's birthday!" Brielle said.

She overheard Jensen and I talking. "You told me that your mom didn't want visitors at her party but then you go ahead and take her," Brielle said.

"Brielle, calm down. I didn't take you because I know you dislike my mom," he said. I didn't plan to go there with Addie, I met her in the parking lot yesterday and asked her if she wanted to attend. She said yes.

Brielle became angrier. "Jensen, you're choosing her over me, your girlfriend," she said while tearing up.

This was becoming uncomfortable. Brielle, it's true what he has said, our meeting was unplanned.

"Addie, Kemi is right about you," she said. You steal people's boyfriends. First Tendai, then Grayson, now Jensen. I wonder who is next?

Jensen and I are platonic friends! Understand this!

"You're a whore, Adessa Kamara," Brielle shouted.

"Apologize to her," Jensen said.

"I won't do that," she cried.

"It's over between us," he said.

I felt really bad that they had broken up because of me. I left them and walked to the auditorium. I needed some time away to deal with what had just happened.

Kemi, Liz and Raven followed me to the auditorium.

I don't want trouble Kemi, leave me alone.

I stood up to leave the auditorium.

"Where do you think that you're going?" Kemi asked. What you experienced out there with Brielle and Jensen wasn't pain.

"Raven hold her," Kemi ordered.

I tried to fight Raven but she was stronger than me. She held me by the hands and stood behind me.

"My mom is going through hell in prison because of you, your brother and your mom," Kemi said angrily.

She deserves it. Imagine the pain my mom went through when she poured acid on her.

Kemi slapped me.