CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Callum Thomas

Callum Thomas

The trial was in a few days. I was in the car with dad on our way to see Prosecutor Davies. Dad wanted me to tell him about my interactions with Kemi and Sabrina.

"Make sure you tell him about what happened to you in Eloise's home and the burglary yesterday," dad said.

Why isn't Soren coming with us?

"Soren is still healing from what happened to us on Monday night," dad said. I will bring him to meet Davies when he feels better.

I don't want to go to school today, dad. Can I go back home after here?

"You are a finalist, you need to attend your classes," dad said.

"Is your head still hurting?" he asked.

Not as much as it did yesterday.

"Then the answer is no to your question, you have to go to school," he said.

Michael Davies was already in his office by the time we arrived. He was a white man with a boy-ish haircut.

"Hi, Adessa, my name is Michael Davies and I am the prosecutor in this case," he said. I want you to tell me everything about this case so that I can use that to help your mom get justice.

I told him everything like dad had advised me to. I even shared with him the video of me and Kemi fighting at school.

Dad drove me to school after my meeting with Prosecutor Davies. He told the teachers that I was late because we were preparing for the trial on Monday. They understood. I lied to the students that I had been sick, that's why I was absent yesterday.

I had told Eloise, Jensen and Tendai to keep the burglary a secret.

"I am so happy that you're back, bae," Tendai said. How do you feel today?

My head is still sore but I will be fine.

Tendai kissed the side the side of my head which hurt.

"I wish I was there to protect you," he said.

"Addie, we were waiting for you so that we can choose the theme for the prom," Eloise told me in class. Cameron wanted us to vote yesterday but I told him that we should wait for you. He agreed to postpone it to today. Now that you're around, let's vote.

Eloise and Cameron gave everyone in class a form that had a list of prom themes to choose from.

"You can only choose one theme, if you choose two, your vote will be disqualified," Cameron said.

My theme of an Enchanted forest had made it to the form courtesy of Eloise. I voted for it. Cameron and Eloise collected the forms after everyone was done voting. They counted the votes. Everyone was waiting excitedly to hear what the theme of our prom party would be. Cameron spoke. These are the results, 35 people voted in total. Two of you ticked two boxes so your votes were disqualified. Enchanted forest 2 votes, Masquerade ball 5 votes, Midnight in Paris 3 votes, Under the stars 1 vote, Great Gatsby Roaring Twenties 9 votes, Neon lights 1 vote, Black and white affair 9 votes, Fire and Ice 1 vote, Harry Potter Yule Ball 1 vote, Around the world 1 vote.