CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Nadia Knight-Pedersen

Grayson thought that he was the only one who knew how to hurt people. I could never be with someone like him.

After abusing me for all my years in Riverview academy. He thinks that I can just forgive him and move on!

What a loser!

I didn't want to be at the balcony anymore. I told Eloise that I was tired and went to bed.

The sheets were made of silk. They were so comfortable. I fell asleep immediately I put my head down.

I was having a beautiful dream about Tendai and me taking a trip to Disneyland but then someone begun shouting my name.

I opened my eyes.

It was dark in my room. I had turned off the lights before I went to sleep.

Eloise, why are you waking me up, it's still dark outside?

Shush! Keep quiet Addie.

It was Grayson.

It was the first time he had ever called me Addie.

"Someone has broken into the house," he said. They are downstairs, we need to hide.

We need to tell Eloise and Nadia.

"They are downstairs with them," he said. I have tried to call the police already but they are jamming the signal.

We heard the door handle moving. Someone was trying to enter my room.

Grayson had locked the door when he came in.

"Let me hide behind the door and try to fight whoever it is," he said.

The person shot at the door to open. The only thing on my mind was this is how I die.

The door opened.

I could only see the man's silhouette in the darkness.

Grayson lunged on him from behind and they began fighting. I heard the gun drop.

I ran to turn on the lights so that I could pick up the gun.

When the lights came on, Grayson and the man saw where the gun had fallen and scrambled to pick it up.

I picked it up and pointed it at him.

The man pushed Grayson off him and ran outside the room.

Grayson and I chased him downstairs.

He ran out of the house. We chased him outside.

The man got into a car and drove off.

"Give me the gun and go back inside, let me try and keep guard," he said. Go help my sister and Eloise.

"Grayson, be careful," I said worryingly.

I rushed back in. I heard cries coming from inside the kitchen.