CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Brielle Galuak

Brielle Galuak

"I didn't expect to find you here," he said.

His friends didn't acknowledge me. I knew it was because Tyler had told them about what happened last weekend.

I am here celebrating with my friends.

"What are you celebrating yet the guy lost?" he asked.

Didn't you see on the news, Roman will be standing for Member of Parliament in January.

"I need to talk to you about last night," he said.

No, go be with your friends.

Jensen stopped dancing with Brielle and came over. "What's going on here?" he asked.

"Nothing Jensen," Tendai said. He walked away with his friends. They went to another lounge.

"Addie, is everything fine?" Jensen asked.

"Yes," I lied. Tendai wanted me to hang out with him and his friends but I told him not today.

Qadir and Brielle's friend Keren were dancing seductively with each other. Jensen told them to stop what they were doing. Qadir got annoyed and sat down with me.

"Why is he such a killjoy?" Qadir whined.

He is just looking out for his mother.

Addie, I hate being with Ivory but I have no choice because if I am to remain here in London, I need to continue being with her. I am a Syrian refugee. I fled the war in Syria and got a chance to be in Dubai. I did some odd jobs for two years until I was able to get enough money to invest in my looks to attract a sugar mummy. That's how I met Ivory when she had gone to Dubai for her Easter holidays.

I am sorry Qadir. Can't you seek asylum as a refugee?

"What's that?" he asked.

When you say that you are from a country that is war torn, they can decide to allow you to stay.

"That's good news," he said. I am going to research about that in the morning. Qadir went back and joined the others.

I excused myself to use the bathroom. I found Tendai waiting for me outside the bathroom stall after I was done peeing.

This is the ladies bathroom!

"There's no one else in the stalls," he said. Anyway, I am not a peeping Tom. You know that.

Tendai, leave me alone, please. I want nothing to do with you.

"I followed you here because I wanted us to talk in private," he said. I want to become a Christian, I am renouncing voodooism.

I don't believe you. I know you love your religion so much.

"Yes I did but I want to know your God," he said. I will change for you! Are you serious?