Give Me One More Night

**Julia opens her eyes to see my tears now falling, with our heads still pressed to each other.

"It's too much." She nods, and her voice cracks. "I think it's time for me to go home."

*******

The words came out of my mouth, and there's no taking them back. Nate holds on to my face, keeping his eyes closed and nods in agreement before his emotions get the best of him.

"Ok, love." Nate swallows hard and finally looks at me. "I'll have Trisha book you a flight home."

I can't stop crying. He holds me tight against him, and I shake uncontrollably in his arms. The man who had a heart attack because of me - and I'm the one who can't fricken stop crying.

"I'm so sorry, Nate." I muffle into his shoulder while he rubs my back to comfort me. I know he's crying too by how tight he is holding on to me. "I don't want to go home... It's the last place I want to go. But I can't handle this..."

"I know," He sniffs.

We stay holding on to each other until we both calm down completely. Nate backs away and kisses me one last time. Just like our first real kiss, it was the sweetest kiss I've ever experienced.

 It's our goodbye kiss.

I get off his bed and wipe my eyes. Nate also gets up and stands up straight, knowing he can't move further with the cuff on his arm and IV in hand. He towers over me, and I step in and wrap my arms around him, feeling him rest his chin on the top of my head. I always loved that.

"I love you. I just need to sort this out." I tighten my hug. I don't want to let go. But I can't stay here. I'm literally breaking his heart. I'm killing him by being in L.A.

"I love you too. I'll make sure you're all set, ok? And you'll come back when you're ready??"

"I'll come back when I'm ready." I lie and look up into his ocean blue eyes, now just as sad as mine.

"And you'll call me often?"

"Text.." We both laugh since he knows I rarely call. Nate kisses the top of my head and pulls me back into his chest. His heavy heart beating is now a comfort to me.

"Text. You'll be ok, though... right?"

"I think so. I just need some time to clear my head." I lie again.

"And if you're not....will you reach out to me? You know I'll drop everything and book the next flight to be with you. Don't do this alone, love."

"I promise." ...

****

I watch Julia leave the hospital room, shutting the door behind her. Feeling a little lightheaded, I sit on the edge of the bed. The fucking monitor goes off so I rip the damn velcro cuff off my arm and throw it, letting it hang down from the big machine on wheels next to me. Sitting here alone I let myself completely break down covering my face with my hands.

I just let her go.

I just made the biggest fucking mistake of my entire life.

Trisha knocks on the door and lets herself in. "What the hell was that all about Playbo- ...Nate?? Hey... what happened??" She stops in her tracks and shuts the door quickly. I feel her sit next to me on my bed but I keep my face covered with my hands. "Talk to me..."

I wipe my face and look at my personal assistant slash best friend.

"Help her book a flight home." I mumble and tilt my head to the side to rest it on her shoulder. Trisha nods and rests the side of her face on my head.