Chapter 28 - Liquid Beauty

A beautiful woman in a pink sari (a woman's traditional dress in India) was standing near a bus-stop, waiting for the bus to come. The pink hue of the sari was glistening as the sun rays cascaded upon it. She was extremely fair and lively; every man was staring at her magnificent beauty. She was literally like an angel who came down from heaven.

An expression that she held on her face described the purity of her heart as well. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a pseudo-lover came and went on his knees, holding a red rose for her. "Hey, beautiful girl! Please marry me. It's love at first sight." His voice dripped in hope.

Eyes wide open, that lady stood motionless. It took her a while to get the drift of what just happened. She looked at her surrounding with an embarrassed gesture reigning all over her face. "Excuse me, mister! You're a crazy person and mistaken. This is no love. We hardly know each other for that," she rebuked, and her eyebrows raised along with her shoulders. She didn't want to create any scene.

Pseudo lover, however, was very stubborn. He started begging and pleading fervently and went on to threaten her that he shall drown himself and die. Fake tears flowed from his eyes just like a little kid, which made that gentle lady more embarrassed, she became considerate for a second and decided to teach him a lesson for life. To deal with the situation, she used diplomacy. "Relax! Get a hold of yourself. Okay! Okay! Come after a week, and if you still want to marry me this fervently, I shall agree."

Both corners of his lips lifted, a witty smile stretched across his face. Pseudo lover became as happy as a child, who got his favorite toy. He joyfully accepted this condition and went away from the scene.

A little later, that beautiful girl went to her home and drank several laxatives and fasted intensely to the extent of becoming a mere skeleton. As a result of the purgatives, the so-called beautiful girl became lean and thin, her complexion turned blackish, and her beautiful eyes sank into the sockets of her skull.

After a week, the lover went to her home and knocked on their door. Someone pulled the door open; a hideous, shrunk woman was at the door. Pseudo lover thought, she must be his bride's grandmother. But he got thunderstruck when she spoke to him. "Hey lover boy, it's me—your would-be wife. Come, let's get married," she said with an evident exertion.

The latter got the biggest shock of his life to know that beautiful girl he had seen in the bus-stop—just a week ago—now became hideous. He straight away prepared to make a move from there with a so-called broken heart. But then the girl caught hold of his arm and said: "I have stored all the ingredients of beauty in little containers, which attracted you towards me. Please have a look at those."

Pseudo lover grave expression extended into a grin, he thought this must be some prank. The girl took him to her bedroom and pointed her hand towards the containers.

Overcome with curiosity, he, within the blink of an eye, pulled it open altogether. There were a total of five containers filled with: urine, stool, bile, mucus, and pus. As the stink of those wastes seeped into his nose, he puked by seeing such repugnant ingredients. He questioned himself, "Are these ingredients of beauty?" Putting the finger on his bottom lip.

The girl became quiet; she comprehended that pseudo-lover must've got a profound lesson of his life. "Now tell me? Whom do you love? Me or these ingredients which had made me beautiful?" Her facial expression was glorious.

*********

Sid slowly opened his eyes from the dreaming state and realized it was just a dream. He rubbed the sleep off his eyes, and a thought popped up in his mind. His attraction towards Nehali. Is it lust or love?

A little later, he took a shower and then came into the hall. As soon as he dropped on the sofa, his cell phone rang. Nehali has called him on the phone. "Hey, Sid, I really want to meet you. Can we meet up for half an hour?"