Chapter 37 - Consequences of Action

With broken heart that trampled under cruel feet of Sara, Vinit was still not able to get over with the glumness. He already crossed threshold of the college campus, his eyes were drenched with tears. For a while, he stood motionless and then plumped himself down on a bench. To take some breaths, and console himself.

He heard noise of Pratik and his friends chewing the fat over something. Pratik was tossing something—which was seemingly a pen-drive—in the air and catching it over and over. His face thrown out a devil-may-care expression. Of course, he was beaming because of what he'd done with Sara last night. Vinit's ears perked up when they started conversing.

"Man, some girls are so easy to jump into bed with." Pratik recalled his tricks for wooing Sara. It didn't take him a lot to get what he want. Actually, he was talking about last night incident.

Some of Pratik's friends were already browned off by his behavior. From inside they were cursing him to death, because all of them knew what's in the pen-drive. However, there were two friends of his, who were quite lusty and desired to see that video. One of them said: "What you gonna do with that video?"

"Probably, I'll upload it on a XXX site," Pratik replied.

Others friends who were against Pratik, they literally petrified. Since, this was an execrable crime, but expression reigned on Pratik's face was dripped in pride. He was totally thoughtless about the consequences of his action. Because he was just minding about his revenge, nothing else.

Vinit heard all this conversation, and he was now aware of the fact that Sara is in a grave danger. Her whole image could be disparaged, because people are expert backbiters. However, his limbs were shuddering he wanted to grab the pen-drive away from Pratik's hand but guts flew out from his body.

He feared to get jumped by Pratik and his friends, neither he has courage to fight with them alone, nor his strength could match them all at once. It's bad, that the girl he loves need protection. But he doesn't possessed enough power to take a stand for her. Basically, he was a good boy, and never indulge in fighting or other vices. But this was his conditioning, he feared of getting hurt. Perhaps, his love was not true. On the spur of the moment, he ran away from the scene. Because he can't put his life on the line for Sara.

******

"Where the heck are you guys!?" Sid squealed so hard that it hurt his throat. He was talking with Ravi on the phone. On the other end, Ravi replied, he and Raj is in the library, but now they are on their way to the campus.

The malodorous smoke of cigarette brushed Sid's nostrils, which put a grimace on his face. It's funny how smoke of cigarettes goes to non-smokers. However, it was more irritable when Sid got the drift that, it was ejected from Pratik's mouth. "Hey! You never wash your mouth? Whether you speak or smoke only shit comes out." Sid purposely used his best sneer to get on Pratik's nerves.

At first, Pratik was totally inattentive about it. Maybe he didn't puff out smoke towards Sid purposely. Nevertheless, he wasn't going to be a guy who will be unprepared with a comeback. "But with this mouth itself, I tasted whole body of your best friend, Sara."

Sid became quite embarrassed by this witty reply. He felt enrage, because he didn't have a best reply to this comeback. But now Pratik got a chance to fire up a verbal fight. He continued, "She was very delicious. Especially, those two big—"

Sid glared at Pratik, which eventually made him cut off his sentence. But he grinned like a Cheshire cat. And prepared to come up with another sneer, but Sid cut him off. "One more shit from your mouth, and you have to answer my brother." Pratik backed off as Sid threatened him, because he really feared Pratham and how he'd beaten the pants off of him. "What happened? Your non-existent balls dropped off?"