Chapter 30 - Hurry, Worry, Sorry

A small kid with plump cheeks scampered towards his wealthy dad in order to ask something, his cheeks were literally bounced like a bag of water. He approached his dad and placed his little hands on the thighs of his dad, who was working on a laptop. Looking very anxious, that small boy parted his lips into two to speak: "Daddy, how much money you earn in an hour?"

The wealthy dad narrowed his eyes, which somewhat diverted him from working. "Why are you asking this, son?" he inquired, but still didn't stop working completely.

Cheeks turned like a balloon, the little boy demanded, "Just tell me!"

A smile plastered on dad's face as he caught sight of his son's face turned reddish in anger. "About five-hundred dollars."

The boy smiled and immediately insisted, "Can you lend me two-hundred dollar?"

This demand of his little son spread disbelief his face; he couldn't figure out why in the world his little boy asking money. He rubbed his chin at first thought, thinking, the kid must be in playful mood. But then, he looked at the sweet and innocent smile that adorned his little son's lips, which melted his heart like a candle.

He took off two-hundred dollars from his wallet. The little boy grabbed the money in his left hand, and with other hand groped in his pocket. He took out another three-hundred dollar and summed up the money: that made a total of five-hundred dollar. 

He held the money towards his dad's clean shaved face and asked him with a mellifluous voice, innocently. "Take this five-hundred dollar and please give me your one hour."

*****

"People are so busy in their life that they don't even have time for their beloveds." Sid looked forward for a reaction from the audience he was speaking to, comprised of professors and students.

Ravi hawked and took initiative to speak out his part. "Hundred years ago. One scientist claimed that in the future humans will have no work to do. Because the presumption was, machines will do all the work. They say we spend money which we have not earned, to purchase the things, we don't want, to impress the people, we don't like."

"There are lies, bigger lies, and higher than that is, advertisements." Sid here criticized his own educational stream in which he was studying. Although many laughed, but the professors stared at each other with a startled look. They felt presentation is going off the track.

Right next to this, Sid narrated an incident from the life of Socrates. He was well known for his philosophical and frugal nature. Once Socrates went to a market; just goofing off. His friends were taken aback since Socrates was such person who didn't have a shopper's hunter. I was observing all the unnecessary things people purchase, Socrates told them.

A professor unexpectedly disrupted the presentation. "Hellooooo! This is not a college of philosophy. What the hell you guys even talking?" This gave fits of laughter to the students. Left both Ravi and Sid embarrassed.

"I told you. We'll be the butt of jokes by this presentation," Ravi whispered, while covering his mouth.

Sid turned his attention towards the audience, faking a confident smile on his bow-shaped lips. "We are talking about business ethics, professor."

There were a few chuckles ran off from some mouths. The professor rolled his eyes and grimace made its up upon on his face. "There were no topic in list of presentations as business ethics."

"There was, professor," Sid said. "Last on the list was Others. There was no specific mention what should be done in Others."

This time many laughed their head off, however, "silence" was the only word from the professor which shut everyone's mouth close.