She Laughed In My Face

I'm 27 and this story takes place during my freshmen year of high school so I was about 14 at the time.

School has never been a good experience for me. From preschool to college school has just never been a positive experience. My freshmen year of high school though was an all time low. It is by far the worst year of my life to date.

I was a pretty awkward kid. I was too thin, completely uncomfortable in my own skin. I had basically no true friends and to guys I was seemingly invisible. All of this made me an easy target. Within the first month of school I was targeted by a pack of bullies. I wasn't just targeted by students either, I was also targeted by teachers. Add to that problems I had with my father and it wasn't a stretch to lead me to self harm.

By the winter break I was being encouraged to kill myself. I hated myself, but fortunately not enough to give in. I also didn't see that the other person that relentlessly targeted me was my own sister. My insecurities were played to and manipulated to make me feel as small and insignificant as possible. My sister loved to humiliate me as publicly as possible.

There was also one guy in particular that took particular joy in targeting me. By the spring term I was not only being harassed at school, but also online by classmates and at home by my family. This one particular guy though was a special kind of fucked up. He kept this diary and on some of the pages he would cut himself and write in his own blood. He even carried it to school on a regular basis. This guy in particular was insistent that I kill myself. Towards the end of the year when it became apparent that I wasn't going to kill myself he began to threaten to kill me himself.

By this point it's the last few weeks of the school year and I have a chat log of his threats. Finally having enough I take the chat log to my guidance counselor who quite literally LAUGHS in my face and tells me we just don't like each other and nothing was going to happen. This isn't that many years after the Columbine shootings, and the terror is still kind of fresh and yet she laughed at me. In that chat log he specifically said on the last day of school he was going to bring a gun and shoot me and the counselor laughed in my face.

After that incident I finally said something to my parents and my mother went to the school and flipped her shit at everyone including the teachers that were telling my classmates how worthless and stupid I was because I was always late and never did my work. Then she pulled me out of the school. ( she should have gotten a lawyer but she doesn't think that way)

Not long after graduation creepy dude that wrote in his own blood friend requested me on Facebook... Obviously I declined. And at about the same time I cut ties from my sister and haven't spoken to her in almost 10 years.

Creepy jerk that wanted to kill me and shitty older sister... Let's NEVER meet again. Ever.