29 | griever whisperer

things that grievers are:

•evil
•mechanical
•loud
•slimy
•gross
•made to kill
•vicious
•SCREEEEEECCCHH
•crawled from hell
•made of chainsaws

things that grievers are not:

•cute
•cuddly
•domestic
•tamable
•friends
•pets
•to be rode upon
•friendly
•nice

if you're going to write a TMR fanfic, please do not go with the "Griever Whisperer" plot. there are a few like this and let me just say

no

no. grievers were made to kill, maim, sting, and physically harm the gladers. there is no need for W.I.C.K.E.D to send up a girl who can "tame" them.

grievers = not friends

plus, they don't have minds of their own. they are contraptions that are controlled by W.I.C.K.E.D. the scientists probably sit there in the labs with joysticks like they're playing a video game or something

"WOOO I GOT ONE, JERRY!! I GOT A KID"

nah just kidding. but they really don't have brains in the sense where they know that a certain person is not meant for maiming. they have certain instincts i guess, like when they were waiting perfectly still for the gladers in the finale battle.

Thomas, his heart thumping, sweat slicking his skin, had moved up right behind Minho, Teresa at his side. Minho slowed at the corner, then stopped, holding up a hand to tell Thomas and the others to do the same. Then he turned, a look of horror on his face.

"Do you hear that?" he whispered.

Thomas shook his head, trying to squash the terror Minho's expression had given him.

Minho crept ahead and peeked around the sharp edge of stone, looking toward the Cliff. Thomas had seen him do that before, when they'd followed a Griever to this very spot. Just like that time, Minho jerked back and turned to face him.

"Oh, no," the Keeper said through a moan. "Oh, no."

Then Thomas heard it. Griever sounds. It was as if they'd been hiding, waiting, and now were coming to life. He didn't even have to look—he knew what Minho was going to say before he said it.

"There's at least a dozen of them. Maybe fifteen." He reached up and rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands. "They're just waiting for us!"

and then

A loud noise from behind cut him off—he spun to see more Grievers moving down the corridor toward them, spikes flaring, metal arms groping, coming from the direction of the Glade. Thomas was just about to say something when he heard sounds from the other end of the long alley—he looked to see yet more Grievers.
The enemy was on all sides, blocking them off completely.

The Gladers surged toward Thomas, forming a tight group, forcing him to move out into the open intersection where the Cliff corridor met the long alley. He saw the pack of Grievers between them and the Cliff, spikes extended, their moist skin pulsing in and out. Waiting, watching. The other two groups of Grievers had closed in and stopped just a few dozen feet from the Gladers, also waiting, watching.

Thomas slowly turned in a circle, fought the fear as he took it all in. They were surrounded. They had no choice now—there was nowhere to go. A sharp pulsing pain throbbed behind his eyes.

The Gladers compressed into a tighter group around him, everyone facing outward, huddled together in the center of the T intersection. Thomas was pressed between Newt and Teresa—he could feel Newt trembling. No one said a word. The only sounds were the eerie moans and whirrs of machinery coming from the Grievers, sitting there as if enjoying the little trap they'd set for the humans. Their disgusting bodies heaved in and out with mechanical wheezes of breath.

What are they doing? Thomas called out to Teresa. What are they waiting for?

She didn't answer, which worried him. He reached out and squeezed her hand. The Gladers around him stood silent, clutching their meager weapons.

Thomas looked over at Newt. "Got any ideas?"

"No," he replied, his voice just the tiniest bit shaky. "I don't understand what they're bloody waitin' for."

i just wanted to provide some textual evidence to support my claim like all of my english teachers told me to!!

(by the way, if anyone wants me to cite anything i say, go ahead and ask!)

also: THE FEVER CODE CAME OUT TODAY I GOT IT AND I'M ROUGHLY 70 PAGES IN IM IN LOVE