52 | a theory

*cracks knuckles* here we go

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FEVER CODE

you all remember the epilogue, correct? where teresa said she'd still have her memories? well. i have a theory, and i've mentioned it to some people so they may know what it is. just hear me out.

as we all know, the maze trials were experiments, and every experiment is very precise and created extremely carefully. the W.I.C.K.E.D scientists were the top-notch ones in the world, meaning they knew their shit.

again, as we know, teresa and aris are meant to be foils of one another— one boy in an all-girl maze, one girl in an all-boy maze, both to trigger the ending and both to participate in the "betrayal." they're extremely similar in that sense. that being said, every worthwhile experiment must have a control— something that stays the same. that's why it makes sense that teresa doesn't have her memories wiped.

and that's why it also makes sense that aris would still have his, too.

the maze trials had two groups for a reason: so they could both be studied, and again, all good experiments have multiple trials, not just one, so they can be compared. that's why aris could never have gotten the swipe. if only teresa didn't, and aris did, it would jam up the results. the two experiments would be inconclusive and incomparable. thus, the entire system wouldn't work.

what are your thoughts?

EDIT: apparently teresa said that aris kept his memories in the epilogue so i'm dumb lol