34 | life as a reader

hey there, remember me? remember this book? to be honest, neither did i for a good month.

since i'm fresh out of tips for writing a tmr fanfiction, i decided to give you a few tips on reading/commenting on them.

so, as most of you may know, i've been on this site for four years and been a part of the fandom for three of them. that means i've read a lot of fanfics in my time and i've also written over 100 chapters relating to this series. i have become very wise.

here are some things that stand out to me when people read my stories!!

(NOTE: i don't mean to possibly offend anyone by this list. of course, if you don't do this, i still love you, but this is just what makes me - and some other authors - remember readers)

i. comment!

seriously. you've probably heard this eight thousand times, but it goes a long way. only voting is kinda like, okay, i know you read the chapter, but how do you feel about it? it doesn't have to be extensive. even just a "great chapter!" makes me smile!

ii. interact with other readers

i love when my readers reply to each other's comments; i've even had people make friends through my stories! it's like a lil community and i love it so much ((:

iii. dO NOT THREATEN READERS

nothing makes me more upset than when someone comments something as a joke (most often a reference to newt's unfortunate fate) and gets attacked for it. this will catch my attention of course- but not in a good way. regardless of if it's a sensitive topic for you or not, DON'T threaten or demean another reader, even as a joke.

iv. don't demand updates

please no. plEASE NO. PLEASE. NO. it's very stressful, especially to me in this tough crunch of being too busy to write, to come back and see a comment saying "UPDATE OR I'L CHOP MY LEFT FOOT OFF" or something like that. i get it- you like the story, but it makes me feel rushed, and i know a lot of other authors feel the same way. it's better to provide feedback than to just say "update."

i know that this is really short, but i wanted to get something up for you guys!