62 | children in the glade

"When the Box came up that month, signaling the arrival of a new Greenie, everything appeared to be normal. But when they opened it, they discovered something they never expected to see...."

i just

i just.... i never understood why people did this??

the youngest boys in the glade were about twelve. and even then, there didn't seem to be that many young kids? most of the main characters were at least 15. many of them were actually older than thomas, who is 16. (ex. alby, newt, and minho were confirmed to be 17-18.)

but y'all are putting a literal child (age 5-6) in the maze??? why??? W.I.C.K.E.D isn't that evil?? they didn't start doing that until they got extremely desperate in the third book and captured all of the immunes. even then, there weren't any grievers and they kinda just sat there in the glade.

update: i just did a search and there's this one with 150k+ reads. and the girl is *drumroll* THREE YEARS OLD. THREE. THIS GIRL IS A TODDLER. WHAT. i started the first chapter and it literally has newt written like in my "POV's" chapter and i'm crying. they sent the girl up IN A CRATE???

the first one that popped up was about a girl who was eight and it literally said "stupid creators sending a child into the maze. no one should have to grow up in a place like that." and i'm like ???? THEY LITERALLY DIDN'T DO THAT

sending a child into the glade serves no purpose. none. they can't analyze their brains, can't use their reactions for research because their brains aren't developed. W.I.C.K.E.D knew what they were doing by waiting until subjects were at least twelve to send them up. by that age, a person starts having more brain development and is more likely to be better critical thinkers, have mature thought patterns, and have a better memory than those younger than them.

just

why???