49 | death threats

hey everyone!! just popping in to remind you that it's never okay to send someone a death threat, even if you're joking.

i have readers whom i've known for years because they stick around my stories, and i've developed a friendship with them because of their support. but it still hurts when they say negative things to me when i mention i'm still using page 250, however joking the comments are. or just negative things in general when something happens that they don't like.

you never know if someone is already having a bad day and you just made them feel worse. you never know if someone is struggling with self-esteem issues, depression, etc and you just fed their inner demons.

words these days have become so meaningless to our society that saying such things becomes trivial. we don't actually realize what we're saying when we say we're gonna kill someone, or send them threats, or berate them because they have an opinion different from ours.

so please, wherever you are, think twice about your words and how they may affect someone. i've seen this way too much on other stories as well as my own, in every fandom.

be the person who sticks out because they were nice, not because they were mean.