Chapter 13 -Priest Playing Barbies

As promised, an update this weekend. :) Thank you for all the support, YWM is still on the what's hot list. :D

Without further adieu, here's chapter 13, the wedding chapter. *winks*

(A photo of my inspiration for Christie's gown)

unedited.

Chapter 13 –Priest Playing Barbies

Every woman’s fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with their husband to be. I have watched a lot of films, read a lot of romance books and seen a real life wedding ceremonies and most of the brides are happy during the day of their wedding.  Would you blame me for not being like them today—my wedding day?

The past few weeks have been really dreadful. It was really eventful. Imagine, I got my degree then I was able to attend a party with my parent’s knowledge! I never thought it would actually happen! After that was the start of the painful weeks Andrew and I had. My parents caught me and Andrew on the bed. Naked, may I add. We were forced to do this. I don’t even want to get married at this age. I almost got raped and Andrew rescued me. We both ended waking up in the hospital. He proposed to me because he was forced to. Like, do we even have a choice?

I sighed as I looked at the reflection of myself in the mirror, alone in the room. My gown was simple yet classy as I wanted it to be. It was a rounded-neck laced gown. It hugged my curve perfectly. It looked conservative but the back was open and revealing.  My red hair was tied and was curled perfectly.  A veil was casted on my head which flowed down on the floor beautifully.

I must thank my make-up artist for doing such a nice job covering up the dark circles around my eyes.  It’s actually funny how my make-up artist and her crew told me that I must be too excited. They thought I was too nervous and excited that I wasn’t able to get some proper sleep.  They were all wrong.

Unlike those other brides who sleep early the night before their wedding day, I on the other hand was engulfing myself with a half gallon of pistachio flavoured ice cream while having a movie marathon on my suite. Last night, I was trying to get myself out of reality—the reality of me getting married today.

I know you would say I could just run away right now or call the wedding off but I can’t. My parents will surely kill me if I would do that after all, they were very hands-on in preparing for this day. As hands on as they were, the wedding plans was the exact details of how my dream wedding should be, except for one, my groom. I don’t hate Andrew, okay? He is my best friend, everyone knows that.

“Christie?” Grace, my wedding organizer called out as she knocked in my room. “The car’s ready, Mr. and Mrs. Williams are waiting at the Bridal car downstairs.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.” I replied, loud enough for her to hear me outside my suite. I took a deep breath before turning my heels towards the direction of the door.  I then saw a brandy and a shot glass at the table, probably my dad’s before he left half an hour ago. I immediately grabbed the bottle of brandy and poured some on the glass. I quickly drank it straight. “This should do.” I muttered to myself before placing the shot glass back at the table and walked out of my room.

**

Perhaps just like any other brides, I’m nervous right now. I know from today onward, my life will change. I want this ceremony to be over now. I kept my eyes on my bouquet of roses as I close and open my hands nervously.