THIRTEEN ➳ THE SNOW QUEEN, PT. 1

CHAPTER THIRTEEN; THE SNOW QUEEN, PT

CHAPTER THIRTEEN; THE SNOW QUEEN, PT. 1

THEY RAN THROUGH THE FIELD OF GRASS, their laughter ringing like bells. The four sisters were chasing a kite that was gliding through the wind in the blue sky.

The youngest was Gerda. She had red hair and soft brown eyes; light freckles coated her cheeks and she had a smile that could bright up the whole kingdom of Arendelle.

Then there was Helga, whom was a spitting image of their mother with her gorgeous blonde locks and bright blue eyes.

And lastly, the oldest children of the royal family, twins Ingrid and Freya. Both girls had silver-blonde hair that was soft as a feather and flowed down their spines, straight as a pin. Their eyes were their most beautiful feature: the most beautiful shade of icey blue eyes the kingdom of Arendelle has ever seen.

While holding Gerda's hand, Helga turned back to glance at her oldest siblings who were quite far behind them. "Ingrid, Freya, hurry! It drifted over here!"

Finally the group of sister's came upon a tree where the kite was jammed within the branches. Ingrid grabbed the string and pulled it down. It hit the ground in front of Freya, allowing Ingrid to pick it up.

Freya frowned. "It's ruined."

"No, it's not. The ribbon is still beautiful." Little Gerda pulled the yellow ribbon from the kite and wrapped it around her neck. "It would look lovely in my hair."

"No, Gerda. It would look lovely in my hair," Helga said, taking it and placing it to her blonde locks.

"It was my idea!"

"I saw the kite first," Helga retorted.

"I should have it." Ingrid took the ribbon. "I'm the oldest, after all."

Gerda shurg'ged. "So?"

"So, one day I shall be Queen. And this is befitting a Queen," Ingrid smiled.

"I see you've found my kite." The four girls whipped around and watched as a man wearing green plaid appraoched them.

"I'm so sorry." Gerda picked up the mans broken kite and started walking towards him, her sisters staying behind to watch. "We didn't know. But we didn't break it. We found it this way."

"That's all right," the man told the young red head, a smile on his face as he gently took the kite from her tiny hands. "It wasn't worth much. And besides, I've got my eyes on a much bigger prize. Such pretty Royal Princesses will fetch an equally pretty royal penny!" He picked up Gerda, who began to struggle against his hold.

"What are you doing?!" Helga shreiked, charging forward, only to be caught within the mans hold herself.

"Help!" Gerda cried.