TWENTY-THREE ➳ THE BROKEN ARCHER

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
THE BROKEN ARCHER
╚═════ ═════╝

╔═════ ═════╗CHAPTER TWENTY-THREETHE BROKEN ARCHER╚═════ ═════╝

THE SUN SHINED BRIGHTLY IN THE SKY OF ARENDELLE. Today marked the fifth day of Anna and Kristoff's marriage. The two newlyweds were away on a glorious honeymoon in a mountain lodge just a little ways away from the Kingdom. Elsa had been hesitant to let her sister leave, but after much reassurance she knew Kristoff would take excellent care of her sister.

Since the newlyweds wouldn't return for another two weeks, this gave Elsa and Teresa time to train with her powers so Teresa could soon return to Storybrooke when she was ready.

As Elsa walked down the hallway and toward Teresa's room, her eyes widened. The door to Teresa's room was completely frozen, and the frost was leading down the hallway, slowly covering every inch of it.

Without hesitating, she ran toward Teresa's door and opened it with a ram of her shoulder. The Queen of Arendelle stumbled into the room where she found everything covered in frost; white flurries were sweeping across the room in a light breeze.

On the bed was Teresa.

The teenager was sleeping...only she wasn't just sleeping. Her skin shined with a thin layer of sweet and beads of swear rolled down her forehead. Her breathing was loud and shaky, and whimper were slipping past her mouth. Tears were falling from her eyes, only to freeze against her cheek at the cold temperature of the room. Her head turned from side-to-side on the pillow and she was gripping the blanket so tight that her knuckles were white.

A nightmare.

Elsa's heart broke at the sight of her, and she frowned. She rushed over to her cousin and gently gripped the girl by her shoulders. She then began to shake her. "Teresa! Come on, Teresa, wake up!"

Teresa, however, did not.

Within her mind, she was watching her mother die in what seemed like every many ways possible. It was terrible, and in every single one of the scenarios she was too late. Teresa wasn't able to save her mother.

Until, Teresa heard a voice within her nightmare. "Teresa! Teresa, wake up!"

Her eyes flew open and she jolted forward. Shaky breathes escaped past her lips as she looked around the room. She found herself safely within her room, and no longer trapped in her nightmare anymore. However, she glanced around the room again and found it covered with frost with a temperature low to almost ten degrees; white flurries were in the air.

"Are you alright?" Elda asked as she placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Y-Yea," Teresa replied.

Elsa frowned. "Why don't you get a bathe, calm yourself down? I'll get rid of the frost."

Wordlessly, Teresa nodded. She pushed the covers off her body and moved to her bathroom. When inside she began filling the tub with some water.

When the tub was filled, Teresa undressed from her sticky nightgown and climbed into the water.

She sat with her knees pressed to her chest. The broken archer placed her head on her knees and heaved a deep sigh.

As flashes of her mother played in her mind, a fresh set of tears began to build on her eyes. They fell silently down her solemn face.

Teresa didn't know how long she was sitting in the bath water, but by the time she had actually decided to start cleaning herself, the water had turned her fingers and toes all wrinkly.

When clean and no longer covered in the sweet her nightware brought on, she stepped out of the bathtub and reached for the towels the maids neatly folded and cleaned for them.

She dried herself of the water droplets, then wrapped the towel around her body and slipped back into her room. She found it no longer covered in frost, and Elsa had left to give her privacy.

With a sigh, she moved toward the wardrobe and let the towel drop to the floor as she began to get dressed. She pulled on her undergarments before finding a pair of trousers and a shirt, which she then tucked into her trousers.

She sat down on her bed and pulled on her socks and boots before moving toward her vanity. She picked up the brush and began to comb her dripping wet hair. She then grabbed a ribbon and pulled her up out of her face.

When she was ready for her day of training, Teresa left her room and began to walk down the hallway.

She found Elsa in the Arendelle gardens, which is where they've been practising the last few days. Elsa offered her a smile. "Better?"

"In time I will be," Teresa replied.

"Would you like to talk about it? Losing a mother is quite hard, it could help."

"Perhaps later, I would just like to focus on something else right now, if you don't mind."

"Not at all. Shall we begin?"

Teresa nodded. "We shall."

A/N: Not the longest chapter, but this is the final chapter of Part One! Are you guys as excited for Part Two as I am?

Also, I noticed a few of you asking who Alice is. As you know, "Arrow" is part of the Soulmate Series. "Arrow" is book 2. Alice will be featured in book 1 as Regina's love interest. Book 1, however, will not be published quite yet.