FORTY-FIVE ➳ RACING HEARTS

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
RACING HEARTS
╚═════ ═════╝

╔═════ ═════╗CHAPTER FORTY-FIVERACING HEARTS╚═════ ═════╝

SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH EMMA. It was like the darkness inside her was slowly eating away all of her light. Teresa had a feeling that she was going to become the Dark One, she just knew it. She didn't know what Emma was going through, but she could tell it was destroying her soul. She wasn't Emma anymore over the past couple days. Since the ball, Teresa can't remember when she last smiled at Hook, or smiled at all for that matter.

They stood in Emma's room, the blonde Dark One laying still on her bed, clutching Hook's hand. Her eyes were open and would occasionally blink, but it was like she was in shock; she wasn't moving or talking. Teresa could practically feel Henry's concern from where she stood beside him.

"What happened to her?" Snow asked.

"I have no idea. She hasn't said a word," Hook replied.

"It's getting worse, isn't it?"

They all turned around and found David, who Snow had been looking for for a while. "David, where have you been? I was looking all over the castle for you," Snow stressed, as she made her way over to her husband.

When Snow and David's private conversation suddenly got louder, Regina let out a loud sigh. "Hey, not in front of the patient, given the state that she's in, anything could set her off. She needs rest...somewhere quiet and away from prying eyes."

"I know the perfect place," Henry said.

Hook nodded. "Perhaps me and the boy should take her there." He stood and extended his hand toward his love. "Come on, love. Let's sail away.

Emma weakly rose to her feet, her hand gripping Hook's. As Henry passed by Teresa to open the door for his mother and Hook, he made sure to send her a tiny smile, one that which she returned.

Once they were gone, Regina sighed. "Whatever's happening to her, I think she was here for the dagger, so I should probably move it somewhere safer."

"Now, hold on a second. Arthur has a way to use that to help Emma," David said.

"What did I just tell you?" Snow stressed. "We are not giving it to Arthur. Lancelot said he can't be trusted."

Teresa's eyes widened. "Wait, you want to give Arthur the dagger? How are you so sure we can trust him?"

Davie sighed. "And Cora said Lancelot was dead. You can't believe everything you hear, Mary Margaret."

Snow frowned. "You really don't trust Lancelot, do you? He married us. He's our friend."

"That was a long time ago, and where's he been all these years?"

"He didn't say."

"Well, where is he now?" David pressed.