FIFTEEN ➳ SMASH THE MIRRIOR, PT. 1

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
SMASH THE MIRROR
╚═════ ═════╝

EMMA WAS STILL HIDING, BUT THAT DIDN'T MEAN ANYONE WAS GIVING UP ON HER

EMMA WAS STILL HIDING, BUT THAT DIDN'T MEAN ANYONE WAS GIVING UP ON HER. Everyone had been seaeching all night for her, including Henry and Teresa, who had joined Henry when he snuck out of the apartment after being told by his grandparents to stay inside with Teresa. They walked in silence, occasionally glancing at one another.

It was Teresa whom broke the silence. "Don't worry, Henry," she said. "We'll find Emma."

Henry response was a sigh. His eyes kept searching his surroundings in search of his mother.

It was then Teresa heard it. As a hunter, she's always had excellent hearing and sight. She shoved her arm out infront of Henry to stop him from walking as she listened closely.

"What?" Henry asked. She shushed him, and then it was clear now.

"Calm down." It was Emma. "Calm cown."

Henry's face lit up and he bolted toward the sound of his birth mother's voice with Teresa right behind him.

They reached a clearing where she was leaning against her yellow car.

"Mom?"

Emma's eyes widened as she pushed herself off of her car. "Henry, Teresa, what are you doing here?"

"We've been out all night looking for you," Henry replied. "Everyone has."

"I told them all to stay away. I can't control my powers right now. Listen, don't worry about me. I'm gonna find a way to fix this, but until I do...You got to go. Both of you."

"No." Henry was determined to get his mother back. He kept walking closer to her, only making Emma tense. "You always think that pulling away from people will fix your problems, but it never does. I can help you."

Emma's gaze dropped to the ground, the dirt beneth her shoes suddenly very interesting as she couldn't bring herself to look her son in the eye. "Henry, just wait. I..."

Teresa watched in worry as Emma's hands began to glow a red color with each step Henry took toward her. With caring eyes, Henry then reached his hand out and gently touched her wrist.

She lost it.

Emma's magic threw was thrust toward Henry, throwing the teenage boy back several feet. He tumbled on the ground before coming to a painful stop, his head pounding as blood bow oozed from a wound on the side of his head.

Teresa and Emma's hearts raced as they ran toward him. "Henry!"

Teresa knelt down beside Henry and helped him into a sitting position. Her eyes widened when she spotted the blood coating his fingers from when he touched his head. She looked at Emma, who forced herself to stay a couple feet away, her hands clutched into tight fists against her chest.