The Worst Building Plan Ever

Borg, I like you. I think you're eccentric, fun, and you've given us some awesome tech. But I'll never trust you to build another building in Ninjago City. Ever.

Borg Tower has been a constant place of conflict in Ninjago. I defeated the Overlord there. It's also where we destroyed the Golden Master. And lately, it was where Emperor Garmadon set up his headquarters. While it's an impressive building, I can't ever go there without knowing what happened each time I've gone there and immediately want to leave. I know why you built it there, but you could have saved Ninjago a lot of headache had you built the tower literally anywhere else.

It's a great tower, and I know the city just wouldn't look right without it. I know that it has a lot of great facilities and is basically the place where all our own tech comes out of. And I even know that the place is just really cool to go through. But I seriously think it's probably the worst idea for a building, ever. Maybe I'm biased, but it's up there with Darkley's for buildings I think should be torn down.

A lot of you probably didn't get the full story on why the Golden Master happened, since at first Borg told the public it was an experiment that went haywire and then it turned into the Golden Master. That's somewhat true, if you say the building was an experiment. Things did go haywire, for us, and yeah, something in the building did turn into the Golden Master. What really happened to Ninjago, though, was honestly a lot simpler than it looks.

I messed up.

After I defeated the Overlord, I thought that was it. I thought my destiny was done, and that meant my story was over too. That I had hit my peak and that I had already made history. It wasn't like I was the only one that thought that too: Wu, the ninja, and all of Ninjago thought that my story was over. Everyone thought that I'd defeated all the evil in Ninjago, that I'd ended the Serpentine Wars, stopped the Overlord, and now I had restored peace to the land. It was back to the way it was before I left Darkley's, back to the way it should have been. And that meant I let my guard down.

My dad has told me again and again that evil can never be fully vanquished, and that whatever I did, the Overlord would have always come back. He would have found some way back into the world, just like how the First Spinjitzu Master found a way to prevent the battle from being lost by passing his powers down to me. If one of us were to get defeated, it'd eventually show up in someone else. If I had known this, I would have just never let Borg build on top of the site of the Garmatron, since it turned out the Overlord was still there. And at the very least, my dad didn't realize this until he met the Overlord again, so at the very least, I wasn't not being told important things I needed to know.

We don't know how he managed to hold on. I remember that the Overlord, when I first saw him, was a weird floating ball of gas. Given that his power was cut off when the First Spinjitzu Master split Ninjago in half, I imagine that his physical form regressed to that, which explained why he was never able to find a way back. By shifting the balance, he broke into Ninjago again. When I fought him and destroyed him, I guess I only took out his body. He was a being that was as old as Ninjago itself, and he'd been living on that without food or water, I think. If he'd managed to survive as just a spirit, then I guess the physical body was only a tool for him.

Still, I had never even considered that the Overlord wasn't gone. I mean, I literally blasted him apart. I was so bright he literally burned away. I don't understand how he even managed to stick around. He said he could never lose to me, but then he screamed when I blew him up. So, I thought that he'd just been taunting me, trying to break my spirit; typical bad guy stuff. The fact he was telling the truth, that he was actually still around, as if he'd just gone dormant after I beat him...