The Resistance Never Quits

On the day that Garmadon claimed Ninjago for his own, I officially became Ninjago's number one most wanted. I can say with confidence, that the first week of being hunted by the SOG and Garmadon was one of the hardest ones in my entire life.

Once I met back up with Nya and Pixal, we picked up my mother and Dareth. The five of us were the only ones in the city that we knew we could trust. Garmadon made it his prime objective to find me. Somehow, he knew that I was still alive, and I think that was due to the connection that the two of us shared. We needed to hide in the city for as long as we could.

After the first night of us running for as long as we could, the SOG started stepping up patrols. We thought about staying with Mystake, but Harumi knew about her and we knew that wouldn't be a good idea. Borg was gone, so we couldn't ask him if he had any safe zone. There weren't any places in the city we could turn to that would keep us, since just talking to us would mean they became guilty. We were running for hours just finding a place, up until she finally stumbled upon an abandoned building with a large freezer. We squeezed the Samurai X Mech inside and made it our permanent base of operations for that entire first week.

The first thing we had to decide is if we were going to leave the city. It was mom and Pixal who suggested it, saying that if we mounted an offensive from outside, we might be able to better resist Garmadon. I told them I wouldn't do that, though. Harumi was still in the city, and if we left we could end up bringing Garmadon's wrath somewhere else. We were sometimes woken up just by the sound of the Colossus stomping around the city. Imagining that being brought somewhere like Jamankai village or Stiix was too much for us to think about.

Now, I want to address something here. While Garmadon and the SOG were claiming I was still alive, the last that the city saw of me was me crawling away from being nearly killed at Kryptarium. While Ultraviolet was off trying to hunt down anyone that could help me, she was also claiming that I, somehow, was still alive. However, most people didn't know if that was me being actually alive or not. I didn't even realize that might have been the case until Nya brought it up. There was a good chance that most people in the city thought I was truly gone.

I wanted to show the people right away that I was still alive. While they were hunting for me, mom said it was perhaps just a scare tactic. If we could break that grip of fear that Garmadon was keeping on everyone, that Harumi was keeping on everyone, I could help save more people. But Nya said that it wasn't a good idea. If I went out and made myself an image in my current state, I could end up getting people hurt, on top of me getting captured. She didn't want me to give hope to the people until I was strong enough to truly put up a resistance.

I was the one that suggested we call ourselves the resistance. I didn't want to have a big and fancy name, so I just decided on that. We were fugitives, and we were rebelling against Garmadon. Just like ninja, we would never quit. We were going to fight Harumi, and Garmadon. And that was what we were going to do above everything else. Even at the cost of our lives.

And... okay, since I've done this a few times and I'm sure Zane will have to correct this, I sometimes say 'my father' and sometimes I say 'Garmadon.' I don't know why I say that. I know before that I said he wasn't my father, and he isn't. But I can't help but say that when I do it. It's hard to look at him and not think of him that way. He looks like how I used to know my father before he became Sensei Garmadon. I'm going to try to have Zane edit these out, but if I do let some slip through, I'm not doing it intentionally. I don't view that... thing, Harumi brought back as my father.

Once we were hidden away, the first thing Nya said we needed to do was train me. We had to confirm that I'd lost my power. I knew that I had, but I could tell that Nya needed something to focus on. None of us were going to talk about what happened, not yet. So I agreed, and for almost five days straight, all I did was train. Nya and Pixal took turns coming at me with everything they had. They would fight me for hours, putting everything behind me that they possibly could. I would do everything I could to fight them, and bring my power back.