Chapter 33

"So he wants you to what? Stop the wedding? That's being broadcast to 60 million people and probably a billion more across the globe?" Elina asks bluntly. "A bit risky considering he declared his love for Rebecca in a video like two days ago."

Grace can hear her pacing, can hear the clogs in her mind turning slowly.

"No, he wants me to meet him before the wedding." She answers her.

"Did he say he'd give up the crown? Run off with you."

Grace frowns, then picks up the letter again, scanning over its words with increasing urgency.

"Not... explicitly, no." She tells her friend, then flops down onto her bed, flinging the hand holding the letter out to the side.

"What is he suggesting then?" Elina's eyebrow raise is loud through the phone, "Because the circumstances of your break up are still the same; he wants you and he's a prince, you want him, but you don't want to be involved with royalty. Even if he stops the wedding, he's still a prince. What's changed?"

Grace ponders the question. Elina is right. The situation is the same, the reason they broke up is still there, loud and clear. And yet, it feels different.

Grace feels different.

Perhaps it's the pep talk her mother gave her, or maybe it's having the time to herself, time to reflect. But now that she's had a taste of the life that letting her insecurities control her will bring, she's starting to look at them differently.

Arthur went out on a limb to get a message to her, to make sure she knows how loved she is by him. He believes in her. A man like that, kind, considerate, intelligent, he thinks the world of her. 

Maybe she should start believing it for herself, whether he wants her or not.

"Hey, have you seen this?" Elina says, pulling Grace out of her thoughts.

"Seen what?" She responds, then notices a notification pop up on her phone screen, telling her that Elina had sent her a message.

Grace clicks the link, opening up an article by some unfamiliar gossip blog. The title of the article, written in bold, garish, hot pink letters: WATCH: FULL VIDEO OF PRINCE'S DRUNKEN DECLARATION

Gross, Grace thinks. She finds it a little weird that publications are milking that night for all it's worth and making it out to be controversial. Arthur got drunk, for goodness sake, he didn't kill anyone.

"We've both seen this already." Grace tells Elina, a hint of boredom infiltrating her tone.

"Um." Elina starts, her voice a little skeptical, "Are you sure you watched it all? Because this article brings up some interesting points."

Grace scoffs, "Like what?"

"Like... what colour are Rebecca's eyes?"

Graces frowns and furrows her dark brows, "Shouldn't you know? You're the one who used to stare into them all the time."

Elina makes an indignant noise, "You're both correct, and a bitch."

Grace grins, "My two best attributes."

Elina pauses, Grace imagines it's to roll her eyes, "Seriously though, what colour are Bex's eyes?"

"What? Is this a trick question? They're blue. Aren't they?"

"Blue? Right? Not brown?" Elina questions again. It's starting to get on Grace's nerves.

"Yes, El, Rebecca, with the pretty blonde hair, has equally pretty blue eyes."

Uncommon (BWWM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें