40 | respingere

Myra

An ache of a thousand needles penetrating in my neck went through me. For a moment, it actually felt like I was going to die with Bane's mark—he hadn't even marked me and I knew for one that no one else had.

He grabbed my arm without a warning and pulled me close, "Which bastard of a cunt has marked you?" He growled, questioning, his eyes turning bright red with anger. There was a probability that a female's body could deny a male wolf's claim if she had been previously marked.

"No one, I'm not marked!" I exclaimed, making it clear. "You wouldn't have sniffed me out on the night of blood moon if I was marked by someone else," It was obvious. If I had been marked, I wouldn't have felt anything against Bane, no love, no heat, no lust—nothing at all. He'd just be an Alpha to me.

He pulled in a deep breath through his nose and shuddered with anger, "Is it Cedric? Tell me if it is because I will kill him,"

"No, Jesus, no! No one has marked me. I do not have anyone's mark." I yelled, I was frustrated now and the pain wasn't going to end anytime soon. My neck was bleeding and all Bane could think about was killing Cedric. My thoughts froze for a moment, I turned my head back to Bane and asked, "Maybe it's you! You must've marked someone, probably that dumb female that was here a few days ago, right?"

"What?"

"Yes, you marked someone." I said, stepping away from him. I couldn't trust Bane.

"No, I didn't." He frowned.

"Yes, you did and now, you don't remember because you were drunk that evening and you were all over that...female." I argued back, my hand still pressed against my neck, hoping to stop the blood flow.

"No, I'm not dumb." His eyes narrowed as he shook his head in denial, "I have had sex with a thousand females and I know that I haven't marked any of them so stop stepping away as if it's my fault. Your body is rejecting my mark, not mine." He concluded the argument and grabbed my wrist and pull me into his heated embrace.

Whilst everything, I couldn't stop thinking about what he had just told me. Sex with a thousand females. God. Disgusting. Here for a moment I thought he was saving himself for me.

"Ew! Don't touch me," I slapped his hand away, wondering how many times his fingers must've went inside someone else's holes.

The corners of his mouth turned up into a smile, "Oh, stop it, don't act like you haven't slept with my own pack mate."

"At least I didn't sleep with thousand females," I was still better than Bane in controlling my urges and heat. I didn't need a male to warm my bed, not that anyone was offering anyways.

He grinned at me, and then relaxed, "All right, let's not go there. We have other things to be concerned about. If I haven't marked anyone and no one has marked you, so what's the god damn problem?" He moved towards one of the large bookshelves inside his room that were filled with ancient scripts and books I had never even seen.

"Maybe the higher power made a mistake mating us together," I murmured under my lips and looked at the books to find something useful that could explain the denial of a mate's mark. Nothing that I have ever heard before.

"Or maybe the higher power is pissed that you slept with Cedric while I was around," he remarked with a tone full of jealousy.

"It was one night and it was a mistake," I grunted, pulling out a book of werewolf mates from the shelf. The ache in my neck subsided for a moment, I was more furious about Bane sleeping with a thousands females that I didn't even care about the pain. "Why do you even have these books? Don't these belong to the royals?"

"I'm royal," he flashed a smirk at me.

"God, don't be so pleased, you're just an Alpha." I whispered, opening the book in my hands and going through the first few pages of the book.

The books that Bane had did belong to the royals, they were written centuries ago by witches and the werewolves who first came into existence and I could tell that all by just glancing at it.

The purebloods.

"You stole this, didn't you?" I asked him.

"Does it matter?"

"Nope,"

My eyes scurried across the scripts, there was everything about mates—from heat to getting bred by a werewolf. I groaned with disgust and turned the pages quickly. The urge inside quickening and my wolf getting desperate to get marked.

"Aha, found it!" I exclaimed, slamming the book shut and throwing it on Bane who was confused, "Alpha's can't mark rogues, isn't this something you should've already known?" I knew it but I had forgotten it.

"What?"

"Alpha's can't mark rogues," I repeated, "Because alpha's are strong and rogues—well, they are weak and they are only allowed to mate with their own kind." I hated calling myself a rogue, the term itself wasn't rogue, in the early 80's, rogues were called mongrels, a dog that belonged nowhere.

Lone-wolf, rogue and rascal were other words to describe a wolf that had separated from it's pack.

To satisfy himself, Bane went through the script again and then nodded his head, "Well, that's bad."

"Guess we can't mate then," I said, shrugging. I was going to spend the rest of my life running away from Alpha Hugh and I already knew that.

Bane growled and reached for me, his groping hands wrapped around my wrist and he pulled me close, "Who said that we can't mate?"

"Didn't you just read?"

"So?" He was clearly acting dumb now. "How long does it takes to turn a rogue into a pack member?"

My face softened, "No!" I whispered, "I'm not going to be a part of your pack if that's what you're thinking,"

"Yes, you're."

"No!"

"Myra," he held on to me tightly as I withered, wanting to escape. I never wanted to become a member of a pack. I didn't want to be bound by rules. "Listen to me—"

"I'm not going to be a part of your pack!"

"What's the problem?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to say something but I had nothing to say. The trauma of being in a pack was what kept me as a rogue. But again, Bane was nothing like Hugh, nothing.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on Inkitt!