48 | genitori

Myra

Bane lashed out at me before thumping away from my bedroom and leaving me alone. I gathered my thoughts and went into the washroom to splash cold water on my face. There was still a possibility that Rebecca was pregnant with Bane's child and I couldn't believe anything until I could see the paternity test results with my own eyes.

Just when everything seem to go right, it all went back to the place we were before. Nowhere. Hating each other.

I decided to keep my distance from Bane for a while, simply because our every argument turned into yelling and insulting of one and other. I didn't want that.

When the next morning arrived, I went to the packhouse's cellar, where I was once held, again under the command of Bane. The cellar didn't seem different than it was before. There more wolves being held inside and Bane was still questioning them—asking them about Hugh and keeping them as hostages so when he'd come, Bane could kill him.

I knew Hugh would never appear in front of Bane, especially after learning that he was my mate. There was a probability that he knew that Bane couldn't mark me because of whatever reason and that made me weak.

Hugh would come for me, again, stronger and with more wolves. I dreaded the silence I received from his side. It had been two days and Roman told me nothing.

I went into the cell where my parents were being held. My mother was asleep but my father was wide away, reading a book until I appeared on his doorstep.

"I was thinking that we should talk," I said, my voice stuttering with fear. I didn't know what say to them. They were my parents, I couldn't misbehave but I couldn't respect them at the same time.

My father slammed his book close and his head snapped at my direction, "What do you want to talk about? We came here to take you and now, we are stuck here with whichever boyfriend you've—"

"He's my mate," I cut him off before he could go further and make wrong assumptions about me.

My father scoffed, "You can't have a mate. You're vicious. How is he even alive?"

I stepped inside and breathed, "Well, I do and he's alive."

"I don't see his claim on you,"

I fixated my posture and ran my fingers down my hair. I hadn't slept well last night. I tossed and turned thinking about Bane and all the filthy things he'd do with his tongue over my body. I looked like a hungover manic in the morning and I didn't even had time to tame my hair down as I was too eager to meet my parents.

The heat was killing me but I had to go through it—maybe for another week or for the rest of my life—it all depended on the results that would come out soon.

"Well, there were a little problem. I can't be claimed for reasons but we are working on it," I explained to my father who wasn't even a bit confused.

"Because you're a female Alpha, you can't be claimed until you make your own pack."

"What?" I further walked in, wanting to know more. "How did you know?"

"Of course, I did. Why else do you think we would've let Hugh train you? You were born an Alpha but in the Blood Swamp pack so unless you turned into a rogue, you couldn't be an Alpha." He explained, dragging his fingers across the book he had on his lap. "And you did exactly the same, didn't you?"

"You knew all this?" I felt betrayed that my father hid such an important aspect of my life. Why did he even intended to hide it?

"Ugh, of course, I'm your father and it's a shame." He spoke with disgust lingering in his tone like I had done something terrible.