Engagement Ceremony

Naina Pov
Pre Wedding Ceremonies in India are full of colorful rituals and customs. It is beautiful rituals form beautiful wedding memories in the bride and the grooms' family. Indian weddings are very much notable for their distinct attributes and notable characteristics. The melody and the sweetness of the future are embarking the couple's mind and obviously, they will have a good lush of energy in the celebration. The strong reflection of the romantic bond is going to commence with the engagement ceremony- legally announcing the guests that they are going to get married soon.
All my friends are waiting in the hotel for me.Nikita and others are against this but still they are joining this ceremony for me.
Crazy buddies never leave their friends alone .
Niranjan support's me in this decision as he knows why I took it.
Everything was taken care the gifts and ritualistic material all are loaded in car .We are heading towards the venue.I'm nervous ,it's a very big decision of my life .I have to live my whole life with a person whom I merely know .I just have this uneasy feeling .As reached the venue my family was waiting for me already .
My father took my hand in his and gave me an adoring smile which indicate that everything will be fine ,just trust him.
My mother and Nakul was holding the silver platter on which ring for the bridegroom, fourteen dried dates, a small amount of rice grain, a bowl of saffron, and a silver coin.Everyone was waiting for us only .
"It's time Naina ,my sher puttar, Shall we go inside " dad asked me.Each step I'm taking is feel like moving close to my ill fate.
I shoosh the negative thoughts and went near the decorate stage.There were two circular arcs of different flower behind the white peacock shape sofa (couch ) with a small table .Colorful decoration clothes were hanging behind the flowers arc give a full rainbow view .Decoration was done to my liking with brought tears in my eyes .My family know me so well before telling them anything. They always know what I want.Even when I keep on doing mistakes .I guess this is unconditional love which a family have."We fight and love with equal passion" .

I closed my eyes for a while to capture the beautiful memories and savioring each moment with my family .I open my orbs to find him in sea of people and when I saw him ,I felt like everything is happening around me in slow motion .He was wearing a maroon sherwani with golden silky pair of pants.Which were perfectly fitted on his broad shoulders .He had combed his hair back neatly as always .
He was taking his heavy step towards me.Like a lion is approaching his little prey. I am just overthinking ,it's his personality which demands attention .He has powerful aura just like a king dominanting ,controlling and authoritative .I have to make use of it in anyway .Didn't knew I will be get a groom for free with wedding .

Didn't knew I will be get a groom for free with wedding

When all the pleasantries were finished .The priest asked both families to pray infront of Lord Ganesh - to give his blessing to us in our new phase of life.Celebration started on full swing with a worship ceremony where both the families offer gratitude and gifts to the Gods. The couple mainly worships the God to sanctify the bond between them.
Rings are normally worn on right hand of men and women's left hand.
Priest made us stand infront of each other on a one arm distance .I can smell his strong cologne fragrance of musky mixed with wildflowers and sandalwoods which was making me dizzy .
I came back to my trance when Kiran nudged me with her elbow .I saw him standing with a ring in his right hand.
I could feel his intense gaze on me.I didn't tried to look in his eyes and hesitantly forward my hand.When he saw me like this he jerked my hand forward and hold it in a tight grip.He slided a beautiful diamond ring with golden band in my fourth finger of left hand where the vein connect to heart. I felt a jolt of spark in me.
More than just beautiful pieces of jewellery, your engagement and wedding rings symbolise a promise of your commitment to one another, your future experiences and your union together. They are an unwavering symbol of your love, now and Forever. But for me it wasn't a symbol of love .It's start of my ill fate.
I slided ring on his right hand without holding his hand and heard everyone congratulating us and our family .