Michael is a Possum?

Jake was alone out on the streets as he decided to go to the grocery store alone. It was in the middle of the night as he walked to the nearest shop. He was looking for milk and bread.

As he got inside he was greeted by a lovely, cheerful voice of Kate. She was a friend of his who sometimes helped him out with trying to rent a house. Kate is such a sweet and caring girl with loving parents. That Jake would often find himself being envious of. His parents were never really like that at all. He was often alone for most of his childhood. So seeing his friends acting so carefree and affectionate with their parents he can't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

Once he had got what he needed and paid for it. Jake walked out of the store unaware of someone following him. Well it was more like something that was followed.

Just as he was about turn a corner to the way that his home was he heard loud screeching. At first it had unnerved him as he didn't know where it was coming from. As he looked down Jake was extremely surprised with what he saw. It was a possum with a butter knife in its hand.

Jake thought it was cute as he began to chuckle. "Well aren't you adorable little thing~" He coos out before kneeling down to its height. The animal just hissed at him until he picked it up carefully.

It was a strange creature but it seems to calm down once it was held in Jake's arms. "Alright buddy I guess I'll keep you then." Jake said as the possum sniffs him in happiness.

Jake took it home and named him Michael as it seemed happy to be named. And the two went to bed after the cold day. It seemed that some pets can have some characteristics from their owners.