Epilogue

*1 year later*

"Dinner is in a couple hours. Do you think you'll be done with work by then?" he called into the other room as he stepped out of the shower.

"Mmm, depends," she responded, staring intently at the screen in front of her, twirling a loose strand of dark, shoulder length hair around her finger

"You've been staring at the spreadsheets and charts all day," he said, leaning down beside her with a towel draped around his neck.

"Hey!" She swatted at him to back up when she noticed his wet hair was dripping dangerously close to her console. "I'm not going to be able to go at all with you ruining a whole day's work with one drop of water!"

He laughed and stood up. He liked to irritate her on occasion, he found the reaction endearing. She was very dedicated to her work, which was admirable, but a lot of times she forgot that she had a life outside of that. "This is the first celebration--"

"I know, I know," she cut off, trying not to get irritated with him. She exhaled forcibly. "I'll finish this last spreadsheet and then I'll meet you there, deal?" When she turned to see whether he approved of the compromise or not, she found herself looking at his bare, muscular chest as he began to pull his shirt on. Feeling her cheeks flush immediately, she turned back to her computer.

"You think you'd be used to it by now," he smirked cheekily.

Don't let him bait you, don't let him get to you, just focus on his bod-work! Focus on your work! She pinched the bridge of her nose, a habit she had gotten into when he was distracting her. "I will meet you there when this is done," she said, forcing herself to look him in the eye so hers would not wander. "Promise."

"Good, I'll hold you to it." He fixed his clothes into place while smiling smugly, knowing he had successfully distracted her. Before he left, he planted a kiss on her cheek. "There's going to be good food tonight you won't want to miss."

"You know I always look forward to food in general."

"Well then that's a good reason for you not to be late."

"I will be there. Now go."

---

The sun was beginning to set and the sky was painted beautiful hues of orange and yellow, bathing Altea in a warm glow. Laughter filled the air as everyone sat around the dinner table, set up outside at the foot of a massive commemorative statue of Allura, who had sacrificed herself a year ago in Voltron's final fight in order to save the universe. Hunk brought out plates of delicious smelling food that made everyone's mouths water.

"Hunk this looks amazing!" exclaimed Pidge and Coran, excitedly.

"For real, man, thanks for making all of this," Lance added, ogling at all the options.

Hunk blushed from the praise. "Aw, guys, it's really not a problem. It's what I do."

"Well I'd suggest we dig in, but it seems we are missing one person..." Keith looked at Shiro.

Shiro glanced at the empty chair to his left. "She is--"

"Running a little late, but hoping I didn't miss anything!" Everyone turned to see their final guest coming towards them, waving. Taking her seat next to Shiro, she smiled at everyone.

"How have you been feeling, Nova?" Pidge asked.

Nova nodded, "A little winded at the moment but--"

"We could have gotten a transport for you," Shiro interjected worriedly.

"It really is no trouble to accompany--" Coran began to add.

Nova raised a hand. "I appreciate everyone's concerns, really, but I am okay. Honestly. The medical corps have been working closely with me, making sure everything is healthy."