Homeward Bound

Korrin took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to calm her anxiety. She placed her newly acquired ravager pod on cruise as she stood up to stretch her legs, figuratively. As much as she was grateful to the paladins and Allura for loaning her a flight pod, she had needed something more...durable. So she tracked down someone who had what she was looking for. It may or may not have been analogous to a back alley deal, but Korrin needed it. The salesman was surprisingly cooperative and only asked for her flight pod in exchange, which made Korrin a little suspicious but she didn't give it a second thought. What could he do with a plain flight pod? Her upgrade was made of sturdier metals and equipped with some defensive guns. It was faster and was even able to wormhole short distances. The downside of the wormholing was that it took twelve hours to recharge, so she was only able to use it twice in a 24-hour period. The inside of the ravager was much roomier than her old pod so she didn't feel quite as cramped. But sitting in the pilot seat for too long did make her behind sore, so she occasionally got up to stretch.

"Okay, let's see where I am at..." she said aloud to herself. She tapped on the bracelet that outfitted her left wrist and a holographic screen appeared. Pidge had given it to her as a good-luck charm and a tool to help her navigate the galaxies. It was outfitted with a gps, long-distance communicator, and of course a calendar, clock, and other utilities should the need arise. Korrin looked at the clock and then switched to the calendar and made some notes. One week and two days had passed since she had left the paladins and the Castle of Lions. Searching for a way to find the ability to use her powers again was at the top of her to-do list. She had gone back and forth about whether she really wanted to have control of her energy back because normal humans didn't have supernatural powers. But after some deliberation, she had decided it was something she wanted.

Keith's words had repeatedly bounced around in her head, Perhaps you're more human than you think. She placed her hand over her chest piece, her heart. He was right. She had wants, desires, needs. She could feel every emotion, even though she was still learning about many of them. She was her own person. Being human doesn't necessarily mean fitting in. Sometimes people were made to stand out. Made. Created. Those words still left a bad taste in her mouth. To get answers, Korrin decided to start at the very beginning. The console on her ravager beeped a couple times. She looked out the front window panel and saw her destination at first small, but then quickly getting larger. Earth.

---

The ravager glided steadily into place and landed with a soft thnk. Korrin reserved her spot in the lot and hopped into a taxi pod, giving the driver the address of her destination. After all these years, she was surprised she remembered it. When the taxi pulled up, Korrin took in a sharp breath and stared out the window at the empty building standing before her. Home.