𝟎𝟓𝟗: 𝐇𝐢 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞.

"Worst way to die?" Saylor asked the blonde boy as they stomped through the overgrown grass

"Alone" JJ shrugged.

"No, I meant as in cause of death" she clarified as she sat down on the grass and began platting 3 of the strands.

"Oh urm, i don't know. Guess I haven't really thought about it" he answered sitting down next to her with his legs crossed.

"Well personally i think about it all the time. Being burnt alive is the worst way to go for sure. Being able to feel every inch of yourself on flames. That's a no from me" Saylor spoke so simply about a dark topic is was almost unsettling. "You wanna know how I wanna die?" The dark haired girl asked him as she finished of her grass braid. She didn't give JJ a chance to respond before she answered her own question. "I wanna drown... in Fiji water" she laughed and JJ rolled his eyes.

"Hey, psst!" John B called over to them. "Are you joking?! Your supposed to be looking for water" he complained once he saw them sat on the grass "Hey, come on. It's the only place we haven't looked." He pointed over to a door that's barely hanging. "Who let those two go together" the shaggy haired twin mumbled under his breath as he began walking down the stairs.

Saylor ripped the grass braid out from the ground and handed it to the blonde. JJ smiled at the small gift and tucked in his pocket for safe keeping.

"Down came Mrs. Crain And cut off all our heads. Up came the sun And dried up all the blood" JJ sang following the rest of the group down the stairs.

"Can you stop?" Pope hissed back at him.

"Leave him alone P!" Saylor complained smacking the boys arms. "Encore encore encore" she began chanting earning chuckles from the blonde. That was before Pope placed his hand over her mouth to get her to shut up. She licked his palm instantly causing him to grimace. "I will shut up now" She nodded.

"See any water?" John B asked.

"Another dead end?" Kie groaned becoming fed up of the wild goose chase.

"There's not even water on the pipes." JJ announced tapping the rusty pipe above him with his ring.  "Not a dropamino."

"Let the mind flow like water" Saylor commented with her fingers rubbing against her temples thinking it will somehow increase her brain power.

"Know why we didn't find it?" Kie spoke unamused with her hands on her hips. "Bad karma."

"Oh, God. Here we go." John B rolled his eyes knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"You know, we had a good thing going. And then you decide to rope in Barbie, and now the trail's gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not."

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah." John B complained annoyed. "What the hell's the deal with you two?"

"Nothing." Kie replied not wanting the group to know what had happened during her kook year and how she was dropped so easily.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?" He argued being the biggest prick alive.

There was a tense silence for a short second before the sound of a slap bounced of the walls.

"Oh!" "Oh, shit!" The boys gasped.

"About bloody time" Saylor smiled. "Yeah! Go kie!" Kie turned to her and smiled quickly. "That's my best friend!" She admired hitting Pope and JJ on their shoulders as if they weren't aware of their friendship.

"Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you instead of your best friend who's actually trying to look out for you!"

"Did you, uh... hit me?" John B pondered kind of dazed as he pulled his hand from his cheek. The two started bickering about skeeters and Saylor zoned out until another slap snapped her out of her haze but this time she saw her brothers arm raised.

"Yeah so that's not what we're about to do" Saylor commented rolling up her pretend selves and cracking her neck. "I'm about to beat this bitch up" she announced and began to walk towards her brother to smack some sense into him. By the time she reached them they were play fighting so there was no need for her to step in.

"Why are there so many mosquitoes in a basement?" Pope questioned as they swarmed around the teens.

"Dude. I know, seriously. Tiny vampire bats, just leave me alone." JJ groaned swatting the back of his neck. "Oh, my gosh! Okay, can we leave? 'Cause I'm already itchin' to leave." He joked.

"WHOAH! Hi Annabelle" Saylor greeted to a creepy doll picking it up from the dust covered ground only for it to be whacked out of her hand by the blue eyed blonde. "What the hell!"

"I'm stopping you from getting possessed!" He defended.

"I'm sure you hitting her onto the floor isn't going to anger any spirits" she chimed smugly.

"Shit" he hissed. "Didn't think about that. All right, can we leave this? 'Cause this is getting..."

"Hey, guys." Pope gained all their attention. "Help me move this" he requested pushing some wooden panels. They all gasped as a never ending hole in the ground was revealed.
"Well, well, well." Pope joked.

"That was a good dad joke." John B nodded.

"My best friends a literal genius" Saylor cheered leaning over the hole to hug him but was stopped as strong hands wrapped around her waist.

"Maybe hug him when your not leaning over a well" JJ whispered in her ear pulling her slowly backwards. That's when Saylor noticed she was basically hovering over the hole. "This is where she hid the bodies. It was never an outhouse."

"She probably doesn't even know it's here." Kie tried to rationalise.

"Hey, Mr Crain!" Saylor yelled down the whole and it echoed.

"Jesus Christ" they all mumbled whilst Saylor giggled wiggling her fingers as she waved down the dark pit.

"So... we found water."

"We're gonna need a really big rope." John B smiled.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ