𝟎𝟔𝟏: 𝐏𝐬... 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐝𝐤𝐚.

After the anger had settled Saylor began to fill with dread, guilt, anxiety and basically any other negative emotion you can think off

Now the date was set for the wedding and her brother is dating Sarah she felt helpless. There was still the chance they would find the gold in the well and become filthy rich but she had a feeling things wouldn't go as planned... they never did.

Just like the night they found the tape from her father she found herself at Barrys, only this time he wasn't in. I mean come on, he's a drug dealer. He can't be in all the time.

Grabbing bottles of vodka from the kitchen cupboard which was hanging off the the wall she kicked closed a open cupboard beneath her.

She poured herself a shot into the bottle cap before tipping it down her throat in one smooth motion.

Barry had an old radio in the corner which she switched on as she continued to drink. Her life felt so unpredictable and unorganised she needed to do something with structure, that's why she started cleaning.

Starting in the spare room she picked up all the many cans of the ground of dumped them in the bin bag as she danced to the music.

Next she made the bed and then folded the clothes on the floor before placing them in the draw. The clothes on the floor were mainly hers, the clothes she got changed out of before the party being there. As she folded the shorts she remembered how her father didn't leave her a message or even mention her.

Closing the draw she grabbed the vodka from the desk and took a massive gulp aggressively whipping a tear from her face.

Angry that her attempts of organising her thoughts by cleaning wasn't working she angrily picked up the cans from the rest of the house but this time slamming them into the bag in frustration with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Fuck this" She hissed pulling the handles of the bin bag so the knot was closed tightly. It took a while to find a pen and paper but when she did she left a note for Barry.

With the half empty bottle of Vodka held tightly in her grip she stumbled to the boneyard knowing it would be quiet at that time of the day

Plopping herself on the ground with a huff she pulled her knees up to get chest and dangled the bottle between her legs taking big sips regularly. Saylor was so focused on staring intently at the waves she failed to notice the person walking towards her.

Topper was taking a walk on the beach trying to clear his head. Sarah head cheated on him, John B 'fell' of the Hawks nest, the best person in his life probably hates him. Almost like fate he spotted zed 'best person' a few feet away from him.

He knew instantly something was wrong, the way her knees were tucked to her chest with her head dropped and the way a empty bottle was laid in the sand next to her.

Taking a deep breath he made his way over and sat next to her much like at the party they became friends.

The kook hesitated to speak not sure how she would react since the whole pushing her brother from an incredibly high unstable building situation. "Lor?"

"Yes Top" Saylor replied making no effort to look at him.

"I know what I did was wrong and you probably hate me right now but your kind of the only good person in my life right now and I-" he was cut off by her laughing loudly. "Why are you laughing?"

"I'm not mad at you Top" she shook her head still looking ahead to the open water.

"You're not?" Topper asked confused.

"Nope." She popped the P sounding confident. "You love Sarah and he went after her knowing she was with you. I would have done the same" she shrugged. It's fair to say Topper was very shocked. He wasn't expecting her to react in that way at all. "Just maybe next time try pushing him from a shorter building" the Routledge girl suggested.

"I will keep that in mind" he chuckled. Then he noticed how she had gone silent again and her breaths were inconsistent. "Lor, are you ok?" Topper asked sincerely but when he didn't get a response he placed his finger under her chin and turned her head to face him.

That's when he saw the mascara tracks running down her face and how puffy her red rimmed eyes were. It hurt him seeing her like that, she looked... broken. "Hey, what's wrong"

Saylor didn't respond she just began to sob uncontrollably, the only person she had ever let see her like this was Pope.

Topper reacted instantly by wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his chest as he stroked her arms. "I'm sorry" She cried into his shoulder.

"Shh don't apologise, never apologise. What's happened?" He comforted.

Pulling back she began to drunkly ramble but the words slurred and didn't make much sense all he really gathered were a few words. The words being 'married', 'dad', 'Cameron', 'give up' and 'mother'. Absolutely non of it made sense to him. "Whatever it is we will sort it i promise, I'm here for you Lor. Always" He nodded squeezing her hand.

"You promise" her lip quivered.

"Promise" The kook confirmed sincerely, earning a sloppy smile back. "Let's get you home shall we" he clapped. Standing first he stretched his arms out to which she latched onto so she could be pulled to stand up.

They attempted to walk to his Jeep but Saylors head was spinning and her knees kept buckling.

Topper scooped her up and carried her bridal style to his jeep and buckled her into the passenger seat before hopping into the drivers seat. As he set off he glanced over to her and de ja vu washed over him.

He sighed to himself as she fell asleep propped up against the window. The dried tear tracks running down her cheeks glowed as the moon reflected on her face.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ