𝟎𝟔𝟔: 𝐀 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐓𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐧.

"She must have a generator plugged into the main power supply

"She must have a generator plugged into the main power supply." Sarah informed the two girls that trailed behind her still with their hands intwined. "Where are the breakers?" She asked once they reached the box on the porch. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Shit. It goes inside."

"Of course it does" Saylor huffed unimpressed. "After you" She pushed the kook through the old doorway first.  Sarah gave her an unamused look but the Routldege just smiled sweetly and shrugged her shoulders.

As they stepped through the dust covered house they were startled by a sudden noise. Only to laugh at themselves when they realised it was a cat.

"Hey buddy, how you doin" Saylor bent down and ran her hand gently over the cats back and it nuzzled into her leg. "He likes me" she nodded to the two others happily.

"Can we please get back on track?" Kie whisper yelled wanting to leave the musty house as soon as possible. The brunette sarcastically held her arms up in defence.

"Sorry pal, duty calls" she whispered to the cat stroking its back a final time.

It took them all of two seconds to reach the wall which held the grey box containing the breaker.

Sarah slid the lid off trying to keep the noise to a minimum. Once it was open it didn't take long for her to push down the lever, she was just as desperate to leave the house of the supposed axe murderer. The power turned off and all 3 of the teens sighed in relief.

That was until a loud whirring sound filled the once eerily silent house.

"Shit." "For sucks sake" "oh crap" They all cursed.

Footsteps could be heard above, along with the sound of something dragging across the old wooden floor. As the steps grew closer they pushed themselves against the wall trying to remain out of sight.

"I can hear you, Leon." Mrs Crain wheezed as she walked down the stairs. "I've been waiting all night!" Saylor felt as if she was in a legitimate horror film.

Sarah had her hand over her mouth trying to silence her whimpers whilst Kie kept her bottom lip tightly between her teeth.

Saylor on the other hand was used to making sure she wasn't heard. Hiding from your abusive monther has some perks apparently

"it's late, Leon...Too late." That was when Miss Crain turned and her grey cast eyes met Saylors who was in between the two others. Sarah let out a load scream which honestly scared the Routledge girl more than Miss Crain herself.

"Go! Go! Go!" Kie yelled as she took of from the her spot against the wall. The 3 ended up splitting up and going in different directions.

"Guys, where are you?! We spilt up. That's like horror movie no no number 1" Saylor hissed as she walked through a doorway that lead to a large open room.

She turned just in time to see Sarah push the old women away from Kie. Saylor began speed walking over to the room to join them but increased her pace when she saw Miss Crain go to strike Sarah with a fire poker. "Stupid moral compass" she muttered under her breath as she pushed the Cameron girl out of the way leaving herself on the sharp end of the weapon. Sarah huffed when she hit the ground at the same time Saylor let out a howl of pain as the poker sliced through her right shoulder.

"Say!" kie yelled panicked when she saw the blood begin to roll down her best freinds arm.

"I'm fine, go get the boys I will keep her distracted. I will meet you back at the van!" Saylor instructed ignoring the burning pain in her arm as she knocked the old lady to the side.

When she saw the hesitant looks the 2 others were sending her she yelled once again. Well, Kie look hesitant and Sarah had her jaw dropped in shock that the girl who a short 5 minutes ago suggested sacrificing her just saved her from a world of pain. "Go!"

"Guys!" "Guys!" Was the last Saylor heard of the girls as they ran down to the basement.

"Come on you old wrench, what you got" Saylor shrugged her shoulders trying to numb the throbbing as blood trickled down her fingers.

Miss Crain raised the fire poker again but this time Saylor dodged it sending it flying into the wall where it remained stuck. The old lady being blind didn't know the rod she once held was now sticking out the wall like limbo and walked straight into it falling onto the ground.

"WHOAH" Saylor gasped. It was like something out an action film. That was until the old wrench in question grabbed the girls ankle as she fell causing Saylor to slip herself.

She hit her head hard against the solid floor causing her vision to become blurred. A loud groan fell from her lips as she raised her head to stand up but became dizzy.

Raising her fingertips to her head only to feel a wet substance she rested her head back onto the cold ground. She squeezed her eyes closed trying to gain the strength the stand and in doing so she failed to realise the grey haired beauty that once laid next to her in a heap had now made her way into the basement.

Saylor began to black out but was pulled out of the darkness by a soft tongue rubbing against her palm.

Peeling her eyes open she was greeted by the cat. "Thanks buddy" she croaked as she weakly pushed of the ground. Stumbling all the way to wall they climbed over to enter the property she could hear the worried voices of her friends asking where she was.

There wasn't a chance she was going to make it over the wall in her state so she made her way round the edge of the garden looking for a way out.

After literally 10 steps she found herself at a gate and groaned realising they could have used that the entire time.

"Saylor!" Pope yelled once he saw her hobble round the corner. He furrowed his brows noticing the way she was walking but quickly hopped out the back of the van to help her.

When he made his way over he grabbed her arm but gasped when he felt a sticky substance coating his hand "Holy shit S". Pulling her arm over his shoulder he practically carried her into the van, the others telling them to hurry.

The second she made it into the van everyone gasped at the state of her. It was much worse than any of them expected. Blood dropped down the side of her face from the cut on her head as well as trickling down her arm from the slice on her shoulder.

"You smell like shit" she groaned looking at her twin who was covered head to toe in literal shit. She was trying to distract herself from the pain.

"You look like a Tampon" he retorted but his face remained plastered with a concerned look. "A soon to be rich tampon" he added holding the gold bar he found in the well up in the air.

The group began cheering and chanting. Saylor didn't want to ruin the moment but with every sound they made her head pounded so hard she thought her brain was going to burst out her eye sockets.

Little did Saylor know that was the first one many head injuries she would endure that week.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ