𝟎𝟕𝟒: 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟.

When the couple arrived back at the chateau they took it in turns to take a shower both of them wanting to relax and wash the day away

When the couple arrived back at the chateau they took it in turns to take a shower both of them wanting to relax and wash the day away. They were now laid on Saylors bed on top of the covers as it was to hot to get beneath them.

JJ was twirling a strand of her freshly washed brunette hair around his pointer finger as she drew shapes onto his bare chest. They laid in silence. No words needed to be shared, they just enjoyed each others company. They both had a feeling the current serenity wouldn't last long, it never did.

And they were right.

"Waves? JJ? Pope?!" John Bs voice cut through the silence letting the pair know he was home.

Saylor stood up and made her way out of her room and to her brother that was in the living room staring at a picture of their parents.

The blonde remained in the girls room knowing that the twins needed time alone. They had a lot to talk about and not just because of what John B had revealed. He knew she planned to tell him everything.

John B felt his sister wrap her arms around him from behind and he quickly turned around pulling her close. "I'm so glad your ok" she spoke into his chest.

"I'm sorry I told you that way, and I'm sorry I ran off. I was just so angry" He was swimming with guilt at how he left his sister, it was wrong and he knew that.

"It doesn't matter now, where did you go?"

"I went to Sarah. I tried to tell her but she didn't believe me" the pain in his voice couldn't be missed.

"It's her dad. Just give her time." Saylor nodded. Sure she didn't like Sarah but it was so obvious her brother cared deeply for her and Saylor would do anything for him to be happy. Even if it meant putting up with Sarah Cameron.

John B then grabbed the picture of the wall and pulled Saylor out of the house by her hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Saying goodbye" He grabbed a toy boat from the shack as they passed and then plopped down at the end of the deck with his sister hot on his trails.

Saylor took the image and ripped off the half which showed Carol and tossed in carelessly aside. She then placed her dads picture into the toy boat but not before kissing it lightly.

He was a shitty dad sure, but he was still her dad... it still hurt.

The eldest twin then took the boat and pushed it out into the marsh. Saylor had her head rested on his shoulder and he had his head rested on top of hers as they watched the boat get smaller and smaller.

"Goodbye dad"

After 5 minutes of silence and mourning Saylor knew she had to tell him. She couldn't keep putting it of any longer. All her friends now knew but John B was the one she dreaded telling the most.

It's almost like, once he found out it all became real. It was real because then everyone knew, she couldn't pretend it didn't happen or ignore it because they all knew.

"Bird..."

To say John B felt his heart shatter through his chest was an understatement. He didn't think he could get angrier than how he felt earlier that day, but he was wrong.

Only this time he didn't let that anger control him. His sister needed him and that was most important, it always has been and always will be.

"I love you, and nothing is ever going to change that. Your my better half Waves" He rubbed his arms up and down her back as they hugged. "Your stuck with me, always"

Saylor pulled from the hug and stuck out her pinky. "Always"

John B then linked his own pinky in hers. "Always"

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ