𝟎𝟕𝟐: 𝐏𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐢.

"YOU GUYS TEAMED UP ON ME!" JJ whined after he lost a round of 21 for the 4th time

"Don't hate the player hate the game" Kie smiled smugly winking at Saylor.

"Stop sulking, not everyone can be as good as us" Saylor teased.

"You literally cheated! Pope tell em"

"I mean the game doesn't really require any skill or knowle-" Pope felt the girls eyes stare into his soul causing his palms to sweat. "Yanno man actually it's a very advanced gamed and they won fair and square." JJ groaned and the girls smiled happy with his response. "You guys are scary" he told them.

"We know"

"John B pullin' a Houdini." The blonde changed the subject from the game to the missing member of the group.

"Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done!"

"Where even is he? Non of you told me last night" Saylor asked confused.

"He had to go fishing with Ward" Kie rolled her eyes annoyed.

Saylor instantly felt uneasy, she hated that he was living with them but now he wanted to have some bonding time?

It didn't make sense but she didn't have time to think on it any further as her brother rounded the corner to the garden.

Straight away she knew something was wrong.

"Speak of the devil. Hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope correct.

"Okay, that's it?" JJ questioned after John B barged past the group and into the house.

"Uh... what's that all about?"

Clattering could be heard from inside the house and the group shared a concerned look before entering. Saylor however remained stood on the porch chewing on her bottom lip as a feeling of dread grew in the base of her stomach.

Her head began to feel fuzzy and her pulse could be felt in her ears. The voices of her friends bounced around in her head but they were simply just words. She couldn't register them, they held no meaning. Nothing more than a jumble of letters randomly selected from the alphabet and designated a purpose.

John B then come storming out the house and down to the Maybank boys bike.

Saylor hadn't realised her feet were moving until she was looking at her brother hoist his leg over the bike.

"John B, what the hell are you doing?" Kie yelled and only now did Saylor realise the others were stood beside her.

"Bird..." Her voice came out breathless and the second her eyes locked with the similar warm brown ones of her brother the world went silent.

They always joked about having twin telepathy but in this moment the two had a full conversation with their eyes.

She knew what he was going to say and she shook her head at him begging him not to say it aloud and confirm her thoughts.

"Ward knows about the gold. He killed our dad." His voice was hoarse and full of pain. Forcing his eyes away from his sister he started the bike kicking up dust as he rode away.

Silence.

All Saylor could hear was silence, but this silence was loud... it was deafening.

The feeling of hands holding her face snapped her out of her state. Ocean blue eyes filled with concern and sympathy were the only thing she could focus on. Not the words of comfort her 3 friends were offering, just the blue orbs in front of her.

"She knew" the Routledge girl found her voice. "My mother knew"

That's when it came... the anger.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ