XIV. Baseball Game

Chapter 14, Baseball Game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm going to pull a Derek Morgan and tackle this kid. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After weeks of training, it was finally time for our game.
I was excited, a little nervous but very excited to say the least.

"We're in the stands if you need us."

Cora said as she kissed my cheek before grabbing Layla's hand and walking to the stands.
I ran over to the benches and took out my dufflebag, I had different things in there for different emergencies.

I pulled out my cherry perfume and sprayed it on me, I was superstitious.
When I first sprayed my Cherry Scented perfume, it gave me good luck and I know this because I sprayed it before a dance competition and I won.

"You smell good."

I turned around and smiled at Jaden, he was holding black eye paint.

"Let me guess, you want me to paint the under of your eyes?"

I asked to which he nodded with a cheeky smile, I chuckled and grabbed the paint from him.
He bent down a little bit making me roll my eyes but didn't complain, I gently rubbed my two fingers in black paint before I gently dragged my fingers across his soft face.

He closed his eyes a bit which caused me smile a bit, once I finished, he opened his eyes again.

"My turn and I won't make you look weird."

He said with a laugh following behind, he did my under eyes pretty good.
I hugged him and began to practice my curve balls and fast balls although my fast balls weren't that fast.

Jaden seemed to notice because he walked over to me.

" You throw a good curve ball, do you know how to throw a better fast ball too? "

I shook my head, I didn't know how to throw a very fast one.

He walked over and positioned my arms the way he would, he then ran over to the batters position and waited for me to pitch.
When I did, I was able to throw it faster than the last time.

I was proud of myself and thankful for him for teaching me this even though I could have watched a YouTube tutorial.
Soon the game began and I was nervous, Jaden was first up as a batter.

He did an amazing job, he got a home run.
Time passed and I was still on the bench staring at my nails, I was waiting for my turn to be on the field.

"Delmonico, you're up!"

My father said, I squealed as I grabbed my baseball and ran on to the field.
I was the pitcher, it was my specialty as well.

Once I got to the pitcher's spot, I took a deep breath and looked around.
The last thing I wanted was to cause a loss for the team so I had to gather my thoughts, when I was ready I threw my improved fast ball.

The person batting missed the ball, I was proud of myself because all I needed was two more throws and he was out.
But it didn't go that way when he didn't miss the third ball, as he ran I watched as everyone rushed to get the ball to the other.

But at the end, he was declared out.
Thank the Lord for Jaysean, saved me back there.

Soon I was batting, I was able to hit the first ball and run, I ran as fast as I could as the scurried around to grab the ball.
As I almost made it to the last plate, I felt something hard hit my stomach.

My hands went straight to my stomach and I slowed down my running until I found myself on my knees gasping for breath.
Jaden ran over and so did a couple of guys on the field to come check on me.

"I'm good, I'm fine!"

I said as I got up and walked off the field, I took a sip from my water angrily.
Damn #34, I'm coming for you.

Finally I was back on the field, I was ready for that guy.
I was back on the batter's spot, I grit my teeth watching number thirty-four walk onto the pitcher's spot.

He threw the first ball and it nearly hit me in the face, one is an accident.

I shrugged it off and looked around, I took a deep breath and gripped my bat again, he threw the second and it nearly hit my face once again, twice is a coincidence.

I took a deep breath and prayed that I would be able to hit this ball with my bat and not my face, the last thing I needed was a hospital visit.

He threw the third ball, I gripped my bat and last minute I crouched down to the ground as the ball swiftly nearly dotted my eye, third is on purpose.

I threw my bat to the side and ran at him full force with only one thing running through my mind.

" I'm going to pull a Derek Morgan and tackle this kid. "

My body came in contact with his and he fell flat on his back, I was on top of him.
Throwing punches left and right, I blacked out as I threw my hits.

I felt someone grab me and pull me off of the guy, all I did was taunt and laugh as the kid was groaning in pain.
Even if we didn't win the game and/or I got disqualified, this fight was a win for me.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to harm anyone in the next game, it just means to not mess with me.