XLIII. Baseball Game

Chapter 43, Baseball Game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Can we maybe go get milkshakes and have a criminal minds date? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Shut the hell up, you're gonna wake her!"

A voice whisper shouted, I was still exhausted and found myself holding onto someone for dear life.
They were warm and I was cold, I heard a chuckle and a kiss was planted on my forehead.

"It's going into the afternoon, maybe she should wake up?"

Another voice said, I quickly remembered Jaden stood over and he was most likely arguing with his twin.

"No way, she could sleep in. It's summer anyways."

Jaden defended me, I opened my eyes to a short gremlin on the phone.
He looked at me and waved happily, I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"Good morning twins."

My voice groggily but it was okay, I got up from bed and walked to my bathroom to brush my teeth.
I walked back to bed, Jaden sat up and hung up on his brother.

"How are you feeling?"

Jaden asked as he looked back at me, I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer yet but I nodded.
He looked at me like I was growing three heads and shook his head, he shifted his body towards mine and sighed.

"Be honest, I won't judge."

He said, it was as if he was implying he wouldn't judge because he's not Layla.
I forgot about her for a while but she always found a way to get back in my mind, I wanted to talk to her again.

"Not sure, I mean this wasn't like her if I'm being honest."

I said looking back at him, I got up from bed and looked through my closet.
I don't think I wanted to talk about this anymore, Jaden got the hint and nodded before leaving my room for privacy.

I didn't know what I wanted to do, I wanted to talk to Layla but I also wanted to collide my fists with her face.
I wanted to talk to my mom, I needed to ask why she all of a sudden wanted me living with her but I always wanted to pretend she didn't exist.

This is getting all too confusing and annoying for me to comprehend, I found a good outfit for the day.
I felt like I needed to check my phone but I didn't want to ruin my mood, I know there was going to be some stuff written about yesterday.

Scarlett's Outfit

I took my phone off the charger and walked downstairs, Jaden was watching TV while my dad was in the dining room, on the phone

I greeted my father and walked over to Jaden, we said goodbye and walked out of the house.

"Who was my dad on the phone with?"

I asked breaking the silence between us, we weren't going anywhere specifically, we just wanted to get out the house.
Jaden just shrugged, looks like he was paying more attention to the TV than trying to figure out who was my dad talking to but I would do the same.

We were headed back to his house when he got a text message, his face lit up and looked at me with a smile.

"We have a game against the Porcupines, they said to meet them at the sandlot in an hour."

Jaden and I shared a smile before running our separate ways, I got into my house and ran upstairs, grabbing my baseball gear.
As I walked downstairs, I noticed how the house was now empty and I was alone.

I brushed it off considering I was always alone in this house but never for too long, maybe it has something to do with the phone call.
I left the house and waited for Jaden to walk out of his house so we can walk to the sandlot together, I looked to the left and watched as Layla left her house.

She waved over at me but I just looked away, maybe I was being too immature and should've allowed her to try and make a change but I didn't want to find out whether it was a joke or not.
Jaden finally got out of his house, I grabbed his hand and we began to walk to the sandlot.

"Maybe I should make up with Layla."

I said suddenly as we arrived to the sandlot, Jaden looked at me like I was stupid and set both of our bags down on the bench.
He shook his head and just as he was about to say something, our teammates arrived.

"If it isn't the girl of the hour!"

Jaysean said giving me a high five, I laughed as we sat down to wait for the opposing team.

Finally after what felt like all eternity, they arrived but they didn't look as kind.
I was first to say hi but all I received was a nasty look, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my baseball.

"I'll be pitching."

    I said proudly as I walked over to the pitcher's spot, maybe they just felt uneasy that they were going against.
  Jaysean got into his usual position by Jaden and the Porcupines' batter got into the position.

    The game was getting good as we were tied but it didn't feel good to be playing against them if I'm honest, they seem as if they were sore losers.
   I was now on the bench, watching Jaysean get ready bat.

   The game ended with us winning, we celebrated and grabbed our things.

   "Come on man, we lost to a kid named Jaysean. I mean the spelling man."

   One of the players said, I looked at the player with anger.
   Only I was allowed to make fun of his name, it's how being on the team worked.

   "Don't make fun of his name, only I get to do that."

   The players didn't say much but they muttered some awful things as they left, I said goodbyes to the team and began to walk home with Jaden trailing after me.

    " Can we maybe go get milkshakes and have a criminal minds date? "

    Jaden asked with a toothy grin, I nodded and grabbed his hand happily.
   Milkshakes are definitely amazing after a win, especially with your boyfriend.